XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

Guys, I messed the things...please help!!! I was running 5.2 on Microserver Gen8 until today. 2 hours ago I migrated it to 6.1.7 (3615xs) win jun's 1.02b. Everything went great, after that I decided to update to 6.2.1 and downloaded latest jun's 1.03b DS3615xs, DSM started and I loaded the DSM_DS3615xs_23824.pat and it restarted. After that i was never able to ping the machine again or to find it with find.synology.com. Please help, what can I do now?

I think I have read somewhere that this problem is with the versions from 6.2.2 up? If I got something wrong, is there no another way to downgrade???

P.S. I am reading now for some new extra.izma, which I understand are drivers. But I can not exactly understand how to do it. Is there some tutorial how to do it and will it work if I put the new drivers?

Edited by nickybg87

I copied the zip file and renamed it like the old - extra.Izma and it worked. But wneh I enter the DSM it is slow, and some settings are not showing. It is acting very strange. I have IP, I am in the DSM, but in the network settings there are no network cards shown. In fact they showed up once for a second and disappeared again. What to do now, update to the latest version or better downgrade to 6.2 23739 (both must be done manually, because it says there is no internet). Is it possible to downgrade at all?

P.S. It says the version is not downgradable, so I tried to upgrade to the last ver. It says "operation failed, please login to DSM again and retry". So I am stucked again with barely working setup, I just can login in the DSM.

P.S.2 :D - I rebooted and selected reinstall, loaded the latest ver. pat file and did a clean install (wiping settings, there weren't many apps and settings, so no problem ) and for now everything seems fine! Running 6.2.2-24922 Update 4, and for the first time in my life on my Xpenology seeing "Your DSM version is up-to-date." :D

Edited by nickybg87

Hello there,

First of all I wish you all A succesfull new year !!

I recently updates my bare metal to DSM 6.2.2 - 24922 Update on Jun's loader V1.03b

Everything seems to work fine except my external usb devices.

Yes.. my system is bootstraped and usb drivers are loaded (usbutils 0.73-3)

I have updated the loader kernel files as described in the "additional compiled modules" section of this forum.

But still no succes.... When I do the "dmesg | grep usb" command in Putty nothing shows??   Anyone any ideas on this ??

Thnx.....

Edited by DennisH

Hello,

I would like to update my current custom config to 1.0.4 loader. 
I was reading some topics but I can't find one solution for my situation. May you help me and answer what should I do and give any links to instructions?

I have DSM 6.1.4 916+ with 1.0.2 bootloader.

My config is Asrock J3455-ITX with RTL8111GR.

Should I change to 918+ ? 

Can I update without loosing config and data?

Hello, community! Happy New Year!

Can you advise me! I am confused with bios and with network interfaces.

I am considering two motherboards ASRock for a new server. These are: ASRock Z390 Pro4 and Z370 Pro4 with the Intel® I219V network interface.

I will use the 1.03b loader.

Will these motherboards work without problems (BIOS, LAN)? Will they start working the first time?

Thanks.

P.S. Recently, I installed DSM 6.2.2, and then U4 (loader 1.03b) on Dell 790 with the Intel® 82579LM network interface without any problems. Started working the first time, installing DSM from the Internet.

Hi,

So the 1.03b loader for 3615/3617 doesn't load the kernel

It prints the grub menu, the intro in info.txt and then hangs

the 1.02b loader for all models works, and also the 1.04b loader for 918+

possible to enable debug for grub or something to see and understand what goes wrong?

Any help appreciated 

Thanks

Edited by Eeso
info/intro..

On 1/8/2020 at 10:33 PM, Eeso said:

All good now, the 3617 loader was requiring the BIOS to be swtiched from UEFI to legacy mode

its loader 1.03b that needs it so its also valid when 3615 with loader 1.03b

credit goes to flyride for providing a documentation about that

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

Hello,
I am trying to change my N40L from 6.1.7 to 6.2.2.
so I used the loader 1.03B as well as the procedure "Driver extension jun 1.03b / 1.04b for DSM6.2.2 for 3615xs / 3617xs / 918+"

However, my NAS is bian switched, but I have instability, more my services will disconnect after a while, I can then restart them manually, but it's intriguing.

should we still modify the GRUB.CFG with 1.03b?

thanks

Hi,

First time trying XPENology with Jun's loader, and everuthing works fine to start with, i can install the DSM, but after reboot the DSM won't start up....

I've tried 3-4 times, and nothing seems to work....

I'm running a HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, and using the loader for DS3617xs

I've watched the video tutorial by b00bytrap on Youtube

Can anyone tell me what to do ???

Thanks

1 hour ago, Bear-NET said:

Hi,

First time trying XPENology with Jun's loader, and everuthing works fine to start with, i can install the DSM, but after reboot the DSM won't start up....

I've tried 3-4 times, and nothing seems to work....

I'm running a HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, and using the loader for DS3617xs

I've watched the video tutorial by b00bytrap on Youtube

Can anyone tell me what to do ???

Thanks

I've also tried the other loaders.... :-(

Hello.

Help needed!

I built the server:

ASRock Z390 Pro4 with Intel® I219V
INTEL S1151 Core i3-9100 
DDR4 16GB 2666MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Black
8TB Western Digital WD82PURZ * 6 pcs.

I use 1.03b loader for last DSM_DS3615xs_24922.pat (vid, pid, mac, s/n I edit).

After loader loading, the server is not visible on the local network. What can I do to get this configuration working?

Thanks.

Edited by aleksey_z

Hello,
my N40L went from 6.1.7 to 6.2.2.
so I used the loader 1.03B as well as the procedure "Driver extension jun 1.03b / 1.04b for DSM6.2.2 for 3615xs / 3617xs / 918"

However, my NAS is switched over, but I have instability, and my services will all disconnect after a while.

the GRUB.CFG is well modified and corresponds perfectly to the NAS.
I access my volume via SSH, but I have the impression that the system is compromised.

I re tried a migration by storing my data, ilreboot well, installed update 4 but then, it is very slow and becomes unstable again.

is it compromised, or should I start from 0 having kicked on the key, with the Grub.conf unmodified :(

if not I have another NAS which migrated well, under intel, but I passed from Gigabit to 100Mb / s on my network card (Broadcom BCM5787 x 2), and I have all the time a message with the starting which m 'indicates that it could not start normally and that it is necessary to contact support.
but laugh to report, everything works impeccably well on celuila, except my LAN speed divided by 10 :(

thank you in advance for your help.