XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

I use an Intel Pro 1000 PT people also talk about the HP 360T. The common factor is they use the Intel e1000e driver built into DSM. Meaning they are natively supported.

1.04b is only for the 918 and it may not have a supported PCIe network card list but the 1.03b for 3615xs does have that on the synology site.

1.04b is good if you are trying to do hardware acceleration for video, otherwise I do not think there is a benefit. The actual versions of DSM are the same for both loaders.

Are there any ISO files for 6.x? Trying to load a couple instances on Proxmox and seem to only be able to successfully launch 5.2 or older using the provided ISO. I saw the ISO files on the Mega links but they are coming back corrupted. I cannot load img files into Proxmox unless I use a long drawn out EFI disk method which isnt great for backups. TLDR, where are the ISO files? Searching this forum topic gave 0 results.

Thank you.

On 12/1/2019 at 2:06 AM, geeked said:

Are there any ISO files for 6.x? Trying to load a couple instances on Proxmox and seem to only be able to successfully launch 5.2 or older using the provided ISO. I saw the ISO files on the Mega links but they are coming back corrupted. I cannot load img files into Proxmox unless I use a long drawn out EFI disk method which isnt great for backups. TLDR, where are the ISO files? Searching this forum topic gave 0 results.

Thank you.

No have but you can convert the .img file to .iso yourself. At least that's what I do to use the loader with VirtualBox. I am working on MAC so for me it's just a matter of using the Disk Utility, converting the .img file to a .dmg file and then renaming the extension to .iso.

Hi, Im running this on a KVM vm, but the e1000 driver is working, but I really need to use the virtio network driver. I've done extensive searching, but can find a synoboot-1.04b with virtio driver compiled in, but I read somewhere its possible to compile myself. Does anyone know of a link to download a re-compiled one, or instructions on how to compile it in myself please?

Kind regards.

On 12/9/2019 at 8:05 AM, speedyrazor said:

Hi, Im running this on a KVM vm, but the e1000 driver is working, but I really need to use the virtio network driver. I've done extensive searching, but can find a synoboot-1.04b with virtio driver compiled in, but I read somewhere its possible to compile myself. Does anyone know of a link to download a re-compiled one, or instructions on how to compile it in myself please?

Kind regards.

Sorry, correction.. "but can't find a synoboot-1.04b with virtio driver compiled in"

On 12/9/2019 at 9:05 AM, speedyrazor said:

Does anyone know of a link to download a re-compiled one, or instructions on how to compile it in myself please?

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7187-how-to-build-and-inject-missing-drivers-in-jun-loader-102a/

i n the next version of the extra.lzma will have virtio drivers present (but they will not be loaded by default) so you can test

atm they are in my test versions for 3615/17 but i plan to redo the 918+ driver package around christmas (i guess it will be more after christmas) and then i will add the virtio drivers too

12 hours ago, IG-88 said:

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7187-how-to-build-and-inject-missing-drivers-in-jun-loader-102a/

i n the next version of the extra.lzma will have virtio drivers present (but they will not be loaded by default) so you can test

atm they are in my test versions for 3615/17 but i plan to redo the 918+ driver package around christmas (i guess it will be more after christmas) and then i will add the virtio drivers too

Hi IG-88, I appreciate your reply and good news support will be coming.

Any chance I could try your 'test versions for 3615/17' please?

Kind regards.

On 11/30/2019 at 8:06 PM, geeked said:

Thank you.

Hi geeked!

You didn't need an iso-file for Proxmox.
Just download the img-file and rename it to .raw.
With this RAW-File you could easyly install it.
May you search for the E1001e networkcard with proxmox, if you would install the latest version.

You also can search in the forum for proxmox and you can find help!

regards peter

On 12/12/2019 at 3:57 AM, prad said:

Hi geeked!

You didn't need an iso-file for Proxmox.
Just download the img-file and rename it to .raw.
With this RAW-File you could easyly install it.
May you search for the E1001e networkcard with proxmox, if you would install the latest version.

You also can search in the forum for proxmox and you can find help!

regards peter

I appreciate the response. However, version 6.0-4 of Proxmox does not seem to allow me to upload raw files. I have all exceptions added to the storage and still no dice. Wont let me upload it.

On 12/14/2018 at 2:50 AM, venenox said:

Hi ,, 

only one question , idont change the mac address to use wake on lan ,  i use 1.04b   - synoboot-ds918 .   where is the  grub.cfg to change ??

i only see four archives in the boot  pendrive   ...  extra.izma  extra2.izma  rd.gz  zimage 

Thanks  

I have the same problem with June loader 1.03b! There is no file grub.cfg

I've made the microSD in Mac, with balena Etcher.

9 hours ago, Mentat said:

There is no file grub.cfg

more like, you dont know where it is - how did you intall without a proper vid/pid fro m then usb?

you can read about that here

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7973-tutorial-installmigrate-dsm-52-to-61x-juns-loader/

its also possible to mount the usb on the system where its used

see this example

mkdir -p /mnt/synoboot1
mkdir -p /mnt/synoboot2

echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/syno_install_flag
mount /dev/synoboot1 /mnt/synoboot1
mount /dev/synoboot2 /mnt/synoboot2

Hi everybody,

I have issue in the final recovery of a crash due to a Bios reset issue ...

Configuration: 

HP Gen 8 micro, i5 3470T update, 12 Gb Ram + PCIe dual eSata board DELL H310  w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT Mode with:

• x4 main HDDs on integrated Gen8 slots are connected to the DELL H310 (the 4 disks Gen8 eSata cable connected to the H310 eSata slot 1)
  • an external extension Box with x4 additionnal HDD (mix of SAS/SATA Disk) is connected via eSata cable to the H310 eSata slot 2)
  • On the former HP Gen 8 eSata on motherboard: x2 SSD in cache via eSata/4 SATA cable (2 remain free)

Total: x10 Disks, SHR/BTRSF, ~45 Tb available w/tolerance 1 HDD Crash ...

I have issue in the recovery of crashed 1.02b/3617xs/6.1.2 ... I  have now to migrate in order to recover as in the mess and stress I made too many attemps with different release/loader version.

With test drives I validated to  target the 1.03b/3615xs/6.2.2 (and many thanks to IG-88 real master of driver, as the Broadcom NiC is working on Gen 8 now with 6.2.2 !).

Config was working in 1.02b wo/AHCI, 10 drives recognized correctly :

SSD1 (Disk1) | SSD2 (Disk2) | empty (Disk3) | empty (Disk4) | HDD1 (Disk5) | HDD2 (Disk6) | HDD3 (Disk7) | HDD4 (Disk8) | HDD5 (Disk9) | HDD6 (Disk10) | HDD7 (Disk11) |HDD8) (Disk12)

But with 1.03b (activated AHCI to detect integrated Gen 8 eSata) I have problem in HDD identification/index:

internal Gen 8 eSata is correctly mapped (thx to activated AHCI), but the HHD1 to HDD4 are wrongly mapped, and only HDD6 & HDD7 are detected

SSD1 (Disk1) | SSD2 (Disk2) | empty (Disk3) | empty (Disk4) | HDD1 (Disk7) | HDD2 (Disk8) | HDD3 (Disk9) | HDD4 (Disk10) | HDD5 (N/A) | HDD6 (Disk11) | HDD7 (Disk12) |HDD8) (N/A)

I tried several grub.cfg configurations, assuming (please correct if wrong):

- consider to have 2 controllers : the internal Gen8 with 4 ports, and the H310 with 8 ports: 4 ports/slot 1 & 4 ports/slot 2

set sata_args='sata_uid=1 sata_pcislot=5 synoboot_satadom=1 DiskIdxMap=0004 SataPortMap=48 SasIdxMap=0' 

I tried also to "shift" the Sas of -2 index

set sata_args='sata_uid=1 sata_pcislot=5 synoboot_satadom=1 DiskIdxMap=0004 SataPortMap=48 SasIdxMap=0xFFFFFFFE'  but no change ...

Any idea or suggestion ? as in any case the HDD on H310 are wrongly mapped starting at #7 instead o #5

Many thanks for your help !

Edited by satdream

Le 22/12/2019 à 17:16, satdream a dit :

Any idea or suggestion ? as in any case the HDD on H310 are wrongly mapped starting at #7 instead o #5

Many thanks for your help !

I found the solution, it is in conf files to make changes:

- max capacity to update  (from x12 to x14 in my case, due to AHCI showing additional disk ports on Gen8)

- then avoid DSM to exclude disks (recognized by system as checked in demsg) assimilated them to USB or eSATA:

1. Disable eSATA updating esataportcfg to 0x00000 (instead default 0xff000) = 0 eSATA for Gen8
  2. Align exact USB ports updating usbportcfg to 0x7C000 (instead default 0x300000) = 5 USB for Gen8 default HW config.
  3. Align exact port to consider updating internalportcfg to 0x3FFF (instead of default 0xfff) = 14 Disks ports in my case

After reboot the all disks are detected and mapped ...

SOLVED

Edited by satdream

Gen8 users (and other ?), in case of SAS HDD installed both with SATA on the same Mini-SAS port

w/mixed SATA/SAS Disks (connected via LSI PCie card)= do not configure the "SasIdxMap=0", it shall not be part of Grub.cfg in order to allow detection of mix of Disks, if configured the SATA disks are not mapped by DSM !

On 7/22/2019 at 5:03 PM, Lefteris Krasias said:

I've did clean installation for DS3617xs along with  - v1.03b bootloader. After uploading DSM_DS3617xs_24922.pat and automatically restart of the server I'm loosing network access to the machine.
Please advice how to solve my issue or any newest bootloader that can work with the latest DSM.

Looking forward to hear from anyone here

Hello,

I have same problem. I updated to SM_DS3617xs_24922.pat then reboot but I did not connect later.
I reconfigured USB drive with 3617xs again. Then I reinstalled 1.03b then migrated it. It rebooted then succesfull message but I can not access again.
Last chance I installed ds3615_6.2_1.03b to USB Drive. I choose clean installation: keep my files only (manual file: DSM_DS3615xs_24922.pat). It' s finishing to install with success but I can not find my NAS.

Any idea?

Sincerely,

My HW: HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Server / Intel Celeron G1610T / 8 GB / HP Ethernet 1 Gb 2-port 332i Adapter / 4x4 TB Raid5 + 80 GB SSD

Hi,

I try to upgrade to 6.2 on a n54l but nothing works ...

What I did :

take a new USB stick.

Download jun 1.03b 3615xs img.

I mount 1rst partition with osfmouunt. I change Pid, VID mac and serial (with a new one generate on the github.

I save all.

I download extra.lzma 0.5 for 3615xs.

I put it on 2nd partition.

I shutdown the N54l, plug the usb stick in.

I select jun 1.03b reinstall (choice n°2)

Then nothing happen : it writes screen will stop updating shortly ...

And I never see the lines, kernel decompressing ....

Of course with ds assistant, the nas never appears ...

Can someone help me ?

Thank you.

27 minutes ago, davidmarli said:

I try to upgrade to 6.2 on a n54l but nothing works ...

to what version?

if you use 6.2.2 then the new 0.5_test is ok but you also need to copy the zImage and rd.gz of 6.2.2 to the same location as the extra.lzma

if you skip that then kernel and driver (in extra.lzma) do not match

1 hour ago, davidmarli said:

Any 6.2 version ... but for now, I just would like my n54l be viewed by syno assistant ...

Can I use the internal nic with 1.03b ?

yes, if you use 1.03b loader as it comes from jun you will have to use 6.2 v23739 and you cant update further without "loosing" the internal nic as updating to 6.2.2 (v24922) will invalidate the "old" driver from 6.2.0/6.2.1 (6.2.2 kernel used different compile options, the new drivers use these options too and will work with 6.2.2)

i'd suggest you take 1.03b, add the new kernel and drivers and then install 6.2.2 with that "modded" loader, see link below

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/21663-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm622-for-3615xs-3617xs-918/

that way you are on the latest version and can use all security updates availible

Edited by IG-88

ok let's restart the whole thing.

What I was to do is upgrade my n54l from 6.0 to 6.2 (23739)

So i download jun 1.03b (3615xs version)

I change pid vid, mac and serial in grub file on 1st partition.

then I don't understand If I have something else to change kernel and rd files ? with those in 23739.pat file ?

Do I need to change extra.lzma ?

Thank you.