XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

Well, I managed an install, with 10 disks so far. Its doing the parity/consistency check right now. I love that now, you have the Raid Resync speed options.

Running current loader 104.b, and DS918

I also used the CPU script from the other thread, so that its showing the proper CPU.

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (15).png

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (10).png

Edited by viper359

So, after playing around for a while, I found the BRTFS file system to be very slow in comparison to EXT4. For example, USB 3.0 transfer speeds almost never broke 100MB/s back to the SHR 2 volume. Keep in mind, this could be important, or not, it was also doing a parity consistency check.

So, I nuked everything, and went back to an EXT4. USB 3.0 speeds are between 140-160MB/s.  Again, keep in mind, this could be important, or not, it was also doing a parity consistency check at the same time.

While I understand there is some benefits going to the newer file system, this is a media server first and foremost. For me, speed is important. I have to transfer almost 32TB of data back to this server, the speed difference alone will probably save me a day or so.

One thing I need to figure out, is the SATA PORT MAPPING. Of the possible 16 drive spaces, my LSI cards start at drive 7. My on board sata ports start are spaces 1-6. I have 16 possible drives via my LSI cards, but, not sure what I want to set for SATA PORT MAPPING to make those two cards go first and show up first.

Hello,
for over a year I have been using a baremetal installation with the bootloader of DS3617xs.

Currently I'm using version 1.03b which runs DSM 6.2 - 23739.

I was already on version 6.2.1, but after a few days my RAID controller (LSI-9211i [IT Mode - P20 Firmware]) was not recognized anymore.
(Thread to it:

Now I am afraid that if I update to the latest version again, my RAID controller will not be recognized anymore.

Synology has released two updates in the past few days that plug serious security holes - I wouldn't want to do without them 😕

What are the upgrade options?

If the question has already been answered, I apologize

Well, what helped me, was enabling hpet timer in VM XML configuration file ( <timer name='hpet' present='yes'/> )

Now I have different troubles with uploaded .PAT file reported as 'probably corrupt' but hope I could find a way around it.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:47 PM, Wladimir Mutel said:

Dear Xpenologists,

I took 1.04b loader described at https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13420-загрузчик-104b-для-918-для-621-dsm/

and I am trying to start it up as a virtual machine under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (QEMU/KVM v2.11, virt-manager v1.5.1, ovmf  20180205 and so on, all packages included with Ubuntu 18.04 and its updates, without side-added repositories)

Edited by Wladimir Mutel

15 hours ago, viper359 said:

好吧,我管理了一个安装,到目前为止有10个磁盘。它正在进行奇偶校验/一致性检查。我现在很喜欢,你有Raid Resync速度选项。

运行当前加载器104.b和DS918

我还使用了来自其他线程的CPU脚本,以便显示正确的CPU。

截图(10).png

截图(15).png

截图(11).png

截图(10).png

How to correctly display the CPU?

Hi Jun, I am using AsRock motherboard J3455-ITX and installed DSM6.1.3 with your loader 1.2b, but I am confuse that when I upload big files to DSM NAS storage, it shows the speed of upload is not stable, lower speed only 700KB/S, higher is no more than 80MB/S, I tried to upgrade the DSM version to 6.1.7, but also shows the problem.

So,  could you please help to define the root casue the solve the problem.

Thanks.

6.1.3局域网写入 eSATA 2.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zonly said:

嗨君,我正在使用AsRock主板J3455-ITX并用你的装载机1.2b安装了DSM6.1.3,但我很困惑的是,当我将大文件上传到DSM NAS存储时,它显示上传速度不稳定,只降低速度700KB / S,更高不超过80MB / S,我试图将DSM版本升级到6.1.7,但也显示了问题。

那么,请你帮忙定义解决问题的root casue。

谢谢。

6.1.3局域网写入eSATA 2.jpg

正常的 华擎J3455 有BUG 不推荐

Hi Guys and gals, your help is truly appreciated.

I was updating to 6.1 but mistakenly clicked on install and not 'MANUAL install' and it updated it to 6.2 automatically so it became not compatible with 1.02 loader, so then I switched to 6.2 loader and installation and Migration went fine but afterwards not detected in LAN. Not sure if it is drivers for my setup or something else I did wrong?

I really appreciate your help.

Motherboard - J3710 - ITX (Bios not updated to latest)
CPU - onboard  - Intel J3710
Loader - 1.03b DS3617xs
SATA - RocketRAID 2720SGL

EDIT:

I tried Loader 1.04b with DS318 in hope it will help....nope.

Issue I have now is that I have the latest 6.2 DSM installed so I can't revert to 6.1 or anything else....I think. Right?

Edited by milosv

I'm still running DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9 (ESXi). So, apparently -- as per this thread -- there's a 1.04b jun loader, capable of loading 6.2, after all. :) So, does an .ovf for ESXi exist yet? Or, if not via an .ovf, does anyone have 6.2 running on their ESXi install? I'd really love to run 6.2 (improved/fixed Btrfs, auto RAID-scrubbing, etc).

Thanks.

8 hours ago, wirdo said:

I'm running an Dell T110 II with 4 HDDs in ATA mode on DSM 6.1 with jun's loader.

I tried to use the new loader for 6.2 and it shows up on find.synology just but but when selecting it shows no hard disks.

Does anyone have any idea?

you might need to switch the controllers to ahci mode

On 12/6/2018 at 11:49 AM, Xeno said:

Verified again this morning all drives attached to sas keep crashing. 

So if you have mellanox  nic and SAS9211-8i I would recommend not to use 1.04b at this time.

Opera Snapshot_2018-12-06_084633_192.168.1.128.jpg

Did you ever figure out what was the root cause? I am running two SAS9211-8i. My cards are on firwmware 20, fyi

First off all, thx Jun for the new loader, many Kuddos

but, since its been a while since i've been messing around with the loader, i cant seem to find, or remember, how to prepare an usb stick for the new loader.

please point me in the direction, so i can prepare the usb stick with new loader.

second, i'm using a 3615 right  now, does this also support the 6.2.1-23824-3?

1 hour ago, bouke79 said:

First off all, thx Jun for the new loader, many Kuddos

but, since its been a while since i've been messing around with the loader, i cant seem to find, or remember, how to prepare an usb stick for the new loader.

please point me in the direction, so i can prepare the usb stick with new loader.

second, i'm using a 3615 right  now, does this also support the 6.2.1-23824-3?

Right Here

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wirdo said:

Thanks! Would that be possible without having to reinstall?

It might be. Because its a software raid system the underlying hardware should not matter, provided all the disks in the raid can be 'seen' by the hardware and software.

I would do a test with a spare HDD, set to IDE, install a test DSM/volume then swap to ahci. If you can still see the volume it should be ok for your raid. I would do a backup of you critical data though.

i'm stuck on (5) 

5 - Now launch OSFMount. Select Mount New, then select the image file (i.e. synoboot.img) to open. Now select partition 0 (the one that is 30 MB). Click Ok. Then at the bottom of the window make sure to un-tick the "Read only drive". Click Ok. The EFI partition of the image file should now be mounted in file explorer.

At this point you can navigate to the /image/DS3615xs directory and replace the extra.lzma ramdisk with the one provided above.

were i'm having troubles finding /image/ds3615xs

edit : found i didnt need that, so went on changing grub.conf, now installing new version on new test disk.

my last dsm was 6.1, how do i clean old dsm software, but leaving intact my stored files and documents  ?

4 hours ago, sbv3000 said:

It might be. Because its a software raid system the underlying hardware should not matter, provided all the disks in the raid can be 'seen' by the hardware and software.

I would do a test with a spare HDD, set to IDE, install a test DSM/volume then swap to ahci. If you can still see the volume it should be ok for your raid. I would do a backup of you critical data though.

That was the solution on the disk part indeed. I was able to migrate to the new version.

DSM started fine but after a minute of 2 the system becomes unreachable (not even a ping) rebooted but same issue again after 2 minutes.

Reverted back to 6.1.7 now :)

On 8/2/2018 at 5:42 AM, D.S said:

Someone said if chose legacy boot in BIOS can solve the issue, you can try it.

YES!!! 

i worked now 4hours on my new Altos T310 Server to start jun´s loader. 

Nothing were found in my Network after booting. But after change to Legace Boot mode in my BIOSeverything worked. PERFECT thank u sooo much