XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

I have an issue with my set up and synology moments update 1.2.0-0638.

In that particular update, the following function being implemented.

"Integrated Intel Computer Vision SDK to facilitate image recognition performance on Synology NAS that has Intel processors from x15 series onwards."

Since this release, the Synology moments failed to recognize any subjects except "child" category.  I suspect that the Intel Computer Vision SDK is not functioning properly in my environment.  My DSM is running under ESXi with DS3615xs loader and having E3 1200v2 class of CPU which should be equivalent to the one in DS3615xs.

Can you share if you can successfully classify "NEW" photo with latest moments and share your configuration, please?

Updated to 6.2 with HP Gen8 (bare metal), however, can't log in via the WebGUI. Can see all file services, shares, etc and the DS Photo and File apps work as should be, just can't log in via the WebGUI to manage the system Anyone got any pointers? Using myip:5001 - I get the login prompt, then once I enter my username and password it simply goes to a white screen.

I have noticed this error in the developer console:

image.thumb.png.dd7e033249db33e2a713a2f1a5628cbc.png

Edited by lonespear
Added bare metal description

7 hours ago, CrazyCreator said:

@sunshine Oh das habe ich übersehen bzw. hatte ich in meinem Profil alle Signaturen deaktiviert....

And I didn´t know that it´s possible to make signature invisible 😮

Edited by Guest

18 hours ago, lonespear said:

Updated to 6.2 with HP Gen8 (bare metal), however, can't log in via the WebGUI. Can see all file services, shares, etc and the DS Photo and File apps work as should be, just can't log in via the WebGUI to manage the system Anyone got any pointers? Using myip:5001 - I get the login prompt, then once I enter my username and password it simply goes to a white screen.

I have noticed this error in the developer console:

image.thumb.png.dd7e033249db33e2a713a2f1a5628cbc.png

Try another browser other than Chrome first?

I could not get the default NICs to show up for me on 918 build, can you ping your Gen8 at that IP?

I am having an issue with the system losing network connection. I'm using the DSM power save option where the system goes into sleep and i wake it using WOL when i need to. It works great, but within a few days it dissapears and it cannot be accessed.Also, its no longer in the routers network devices list and i havent touched anything. Anyone know what could be the issue?

Loader 6.2
Hardware: Asus VivoPC VM60 ,i3, 4GB, 120 SSD

Edited by ddrag001

I'm on ESXi 6.7u1 and can't get 1.04b 918 synoboot image to get an IP and show on network for install of PAT file. Synology assistant does not find the VM. And, my router is not seeing the MAC address hit the DHCP server. I have manually set the MAC of the VM to match the MAC shown in the grub.cfg file. I am on EFI boot, and I tried VMXNET3 and E1000e network adapters with same result, VM just doesn't get IP. Tried BIOS boot too just for kicks.

Any ideas on how to get the network adapter working?

11 hours ago, ilovepancakes said:

I'm on ESXi 6.7u1 and can't get 1.04b 918 synoboot image to get an IP and show on network for install of PAT file. Synology assistant does not find the VM. And, my router is not seeing the MAC address hit the DHCP server. I have manually set the MAC of the VM to match the MAC shown in the grub.cfg file. I am on EFI boot, and I tried VMXNET3 and E1000e network adapters with same result, VM just doesn't get IP. Tried BIOS boot too just for kicks.

Any ideas on how to get the network adapter working?

What CPU do you have? Doesn't show up on the network on my i7-4770, but it works on a later 6.gen CPU from Intel.

I've just set up a new xpenology-system with loader 1.04b/918+ on vSphere 6.7U1 and wanted to set up a vDSM (virtual DSM) instance in VMM.

I can set up everything without problems and the vDSM is starting but unfortunately it will not get an IP address from DHCP Server, instead it gets a default IP address (169.254.x.x).

I already tried to disable security settings in port group settings as you can see in the screenshot but that did not change anything.

• The xpenology-VM itself is getting a DHCP address without problems
  • VLAN Tagging/detagging is done by ESXi vSwitch so this should not be a problem
  • "Open VM Tools" are installed (latest Version)
  • "Hardware virtualization" is enabled in vSphere CPU settings for the xpenology-VM
  • NIC is set to VMXNET (Change to Intel 1000e does not help)

Any other ideas?

Unbenannt.PNG

EDIT:

It worked now. I just had to wait a little longer than I thought until it gets the address.

With these vSphere port group settings it works:

Unbenannt.PNG

Edited by Tattoofreak

2 minutes ago, NeoID said:

I could be wrong, but I think you'll need a newer CPU. Something from the same generation (or newer) as Intel Celeron J3455.

Because the boot is based on the 918 you think so? I was able to get jun's 1.03b 3615 image to boot correctly on ESXi 6.7u1 and get an IP. So wondering what changed from 1.03b running 6.2 to 1.04 for running 6.2.1.

1 minute ago, ilovepancakes said:

Because the boot is based on the 918 you think so? I was able to get jun's 1.03b 3615 image to boot correctly on ESXi 6.7u1 and get an IP. So wondering what changed from 1.03b running 6.2 to 1.04 for running 6.2.1.

Pretty sure, I'm also running the 3615 image without issues, but I couldn't get the DS918 image to work until I tried it on a 6.gen intel CPU. I guess the boot image requires instructions that aren't present on earlier processors.

1 minute ago, NeoID said:

Pretty sure, I'm also running the 3615 image without issues, but I couldn't get the DS918 image to work until I tried it on a 6.gen intel CPU. I guess the boot image requires instructions that aren't present on earlier processors.

Interesting, I never considered 5 years old to be too bad especially since 6.2 on 1.03 works. Would assume CPUs would be ruled out on a major release or something. Ahh well...

me 2 having the same issue.  My E3 1200v2 cpu would not boot the 918 image with network. 

I am running 3615 fine but the moments app does not behave correctly because lacking of Intel CV feature in ESXi.  I am trying to switch to another image to see if it will fix this one.

1 minute ago, mcdull said:

me 2 having the same issue.  My E3 1200v2 cpu would not boot the 918 image with network. 

I am running 3615 fine but the moments app does not behave correctly because lacking of Intel CV feature in ESXi.  I am trying to switch to another image to see if it will fix this one.

Hmm, wonder if E5-2630 v2 will work right with Moments on 3615 image. I'll have to try, although I need to find a way to change the mac in grub.cfg so it doesn't conflict with my already running baremetal 3615 image. I can only get the 3615 to get an IP on ESXi if I don't change the mac in grub.cfg. Leaving all files as is works but then it conflicts with my other machine if both are turned on at same time.

9 hours ago, mcdull said:

Confirmed that Moments app and face discovery/tagging seems to work correctly for me on 3615xs image with DSM 6.2 installed as VM on ESXi 6.7u1. Intel Xeon E5-2630 v2.