XPEnology Community

Installing XPEnolgy on Internal Harddisk

PietjePuck

I have a working XPEnology system on a N40L booting from USB.

I have read about not going into hybernate / sleep mode for the N40L and that this could be caused by using a USB stick i boot from.

So i would like to install the content of the USB stick to a internal harddisk. Would that be possible and if so can anyone help this Linux Wannabee with the neccesary commands to do this.

Regards

I have read about not going into hybernate / sleep mode for the N40L and that this could be caused by using a USB stick i boot from.

So i would like to install the content of the USB stick to a internal harddisk. Would that be possible and if so can anyone help this Linux Wannabee with the neccesary commands to do this.

Regards

i Think it's easy, simply connect your hdd to your pc via some sort of usb--->sata bridge, use hdd-raw-tool, choose the rigth file and write onto hdd.

I have a little question, during installation you have to remove usb key due to avoid rewriting of os installed on, how you can do the same with one hdd?

maybe if you use a bay, you can unplug hdd, but i dont know if sata port near internal usb socket is hot-swap.

Regards

What a waste of the hard drive and SATA port. Synoboot will take entire disk for 200MB image and rest of the disk will not be usable. Keep it on USB stick.