XPEnology Community

What Model is best to choose for Intel G4560 with Gigabyte GA--H270N-WIFI

Last year I built my first own NAS and installed DSM 6 (or 6.1) for DS3615xs. (Don´t know exactly why i chose this model). It runs perfectly for me.

Now - when a new Loader for DSM 6.2 (bare metal) is ready - i want to upgrade to the newer DSM Version. I think I have to (re-)set the "Synology" completely new. Or is it possible to save all my current settings (DSM 6.1) and packages and rebuilt on DSM 6.2. ?

What will be now the best model to choose for me if I install all (Software) new ?

Edited by Guest

You don’t have to reset and there’s only one model for DSM 6.2 right now (918+). If you boot the new loader, it’ll ask you to migrate or clean install DSM (neither affect your data). Personally I migrated and all my packages worked just as they did in 6.1, no configuration required. Keep in mind that while for me the loader has been stable, it might not be as good as 1.02b as Jun hasn’t officially released it.

1 hour ago, AndreyATGB said:

You don’t have to reset and there’s only one model for DSM 6.2 right now (918+). ......

Thanks for your answer AndreyATGB. 👍 Great for me to hear that "no configuration (is) required". 🙂Hope it will be the same at my system after upgrading with new Loader. What Model did you choose before with DSM 6.0 or 6.1 ?

Perhaps i try it in the next days with Juns Loader 1.03a2 (or a newer one) at a new/ another USB-Stick and DSM 6.2 for Model 918+. If there are problems I go back with my current USB-Stick and old Junes Loader. I will report then.

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

Thanks for your answer AndreyATGB. 👍 Great for me to hear that "no configuration (is) required". 🙂Hope it will be the same at my system after upgrading with new Loader. What Model did you choose before with DSM 6.0 or 6.1 ?

Perhaps i try it in the next days with Juns Loader 1.03a2 (or a newer one) at a new/ another USB-Stick and DSM 6.2 for Model 918+. If there are problems I go back with my current USB-Stick and old Junes Loader. I will report then.

Was on DS3615xs, be careful with migrating though. In theory it shouldn't touch the data partitions but you never know. Going back will require another migration and I'm not sure how it's gonna handle a downgrade.