Frequently asked questions - Why not?

Weird. With a big forum like this, I don't see any FAQ that's sticky.

More and more, many new commers join the forum and to prevent a same/ similar question posts and keeps asking, and to save time for a lot of people here why don't we have a FAQ sticked? Do we have a mod who can take care of this?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I've started such a topic some time ago, see here: http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1779

If only 30% of user's forum would contribute with some "how to" we could do a nice structured wiki page, but seems like we can't start it rolling. :sad:

Admin doesn't have enough free time for board management, but let's see the bright side of it: the devs are still releasing and that's :ugeek:

I've started such a topic some time ago, see here: http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1779

If only 30% of user's forum would contribute with some "how to" we could do a nice structured wiki page, but seems like we can't start it rolling. :sad:

Admin doesn't have enough free time for board management, but let's see the bright side of it: the devs are still releasing and that's :ugeek:

I could help out with the wiki pages. I've written FAQs before so maybe I can be of some help. I've only just begun using Xpenology for the better part of a month using virtualbox but it's pretty fresh in my head considering I didn't exactly get all the information about installing without reading multiple posts or having others answer my questions. I see Andy (site admin) has a Wiki page but it's blank. Any other takers for topics?

I think I could do a write up about the HP n40l/n54l. So bios mod, etc etc.

But more important let's first discuss the topics of the wiki. Then we need to find people who can contribute.

Good start, I made some edits

Index

- Getting started

--What is Xpenology

--Dictionary of Xpenology terms

- Hardware

-- Compatibility list / Driver support

-- Driver request

- Downloads

--Stable builds

--Experimental builds

- Installation guides

--General (USB)

--Virtual Machines

---Esxi

---Virtualbox

---Hyper-V

--Hardware Specific

---HP40/54

- Build your own kernel

-FAQ

--Updates

--Security

--Known problems etc

-etc

On behalf of all ordinary users, we thank you guys for all efforts you've done now and in the future. You definitely save us time, money, and even disappointments.

Much appreciate it.

to Trantor

apparently there is a bug on private message, so here is my pm

-------------

I am interested to help do it and also help to have a french translation of the WIKI.

I did some howto's for MyBookwhite and MyBookLive on the -- mybookworld.wikidot.com -- forum.

I am a retiree with usually some time.

Hope you can agree me.

I have a N54L running with DSM 5.0 beta with trantor boot on ESXi as a personal NAS in production with 2 drives.

A test machine with virtual drives on 5.0 Gnoboot

W8 and Ubuntu as test machines on ESXi

16GB ram

I also use a MyBookWorld and a MybookLive.