XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 6.2

19 hours ago, idimou said:

Please try to add:     SATA controller: Intel Corporation Device 31e3 (rev 03)

what makes you think it does not work? any log? as long as its in ahci mode it should work

Edited by IG-88

2 hours ago, IG-88 said:

afaics thats mcp78

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_nForce_700

and thats ahci compatible in linux

https://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/SATA_hardware_features

so check you bios settings for sata to be ahci

I gave you wrong Model of motherboard P5B-VM SE came out around 2007 is the correct Model 

Unfortunally desktop Intel chipsets ICH9 and less are not supporting AHCI mode.Only ICH10 and some ICH9 supports it (P35 chipset).
I not found the switching option for AHCI, so the mb doesn't support AHCI. @IG-88

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I've installed system for the first time. It's running normally. But it isn't turning on LAN port.

HW: asus p5kpl cm + intel core duo

SW: 104b + DS918+ (and after DS3615)

I use SW from this page https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13420-загрузчик-104b-для-918-для-621-dsm/

And try extansions from this page https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/12859-driver-extension-jun-103a2dsm62x-for-ds918/

and this page: https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/21663-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm622-for-3615xs-3617xs-918/

but LAN doesn't work. So I can't find device by http://find.synology.com/

How can I fix it?

1 hour ago, 4ebura said:

HW: asus p5kpl cm

nic is a ATHEROS AR8121 -> atl1e.ko

thats part of juns default driver set, so nothing to request as the driver is already there

1 hour ago, 4ebura said:

intel core duo

SW: 104b + DS918+

you might want to have a look in the tutorial section

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

1.04b 918+ needs min. 4th gen intel cpu (haswell), no way with that old cpu

1 hour ago, 4ebura said:

(and after DS3615)

???

1 hour ago, 4ebura said:

I use SW from this page https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13420-загрузчик-104b-для-918-для-621-dsm/

your links seem to be all about 918+, not going to work

1 hour ago, 4ebura said:

How can I fix it?

i'd say try 1.03b (dsm 6.2) or 1.02b (dsm 6.1) loader

seems not to be uefi bios so even 1.03b should be working easily

sata in bios needs to be set to ahci (might also be called extended mode)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just installed 6.2.3 on my HP N54L (BIOS mod applied), trying to connect my multi bay eSATA tower to it but only 1st disk can be detected.

Kernel dmesg showing: ata5: Apply Synology fast PMP boot

So I assume the kernel should have PMP support? It's at least better than when I was using with 5.x, the xpenology will get "link reset" log flooding when I connect eSATA tower (but when I connect a single disk eSATA, it works normally).

I had installed normal Linux to my N54L + eSATA and it can recognize everything well, so it's not a hardware issue, so any possible driver missing? (Marvell chipset also support PMP, so if it works I can do this with other platform again).

5 hours ago, pkmplayer said:

connect my multi bay eSATA tower to it but only 1st disk can be detected

Most multi-bay eSATA enclosures use a SATA multiplier to access the disks within the enclosure.  DSM unfortunately does not support SATA multipliers.  If you post the model of the tower we may be able to confirm this for you.

6 hours ago, flyride said:

Most multi-bay eSATA enclosures use a SATA multiplier to access the disks within the enclosure.  DSM unfortunately does not support SATA multipliers.  If you post the model of the tower we may be able to confirm this for you.

But official Synology DX517 eSATA expansion unit is actually using Marvell 88SM9705 SATA multiplier......so in terms of kernel support it should have (I looked into kernel config on some normal Linux platform, we can only decide to support PMP or not, but not based on chipset)

4 hours ago, pkmplayer said:

But official Synology DX517 eSATA expansion unit is actually using Marvell 88SM9705 SATA multiplier......so in terms of kernel support it should have (I looked into kernel config on some normal Linux platform, we can only decide to support PMP or not, but not based on chipset)

Syno has specifically coded to disallow non-Syno hardware before (the bootloader and NVMe hardcoding support in DS918+ come to mind).  So someone might need to get ahold of a DX517 and see how it works with XPe to understand how and why it might not be working with other hardware.  In the meantime, I recall no evidence of SATA multiplier controller cards or enclosures working on the DS361xxs and DS918+ platforms we have access to.  Maybe someone else will provide practical experience to the contrary.

Edited by flyride

On 5/17/2021 at 3:32 PM, pkmplayer said:

So I assume the kernel should have PMP support? It's at least better than when I was using with 5.x, the xpenology will get "link reset" log flooding when I connect eSATA tower (but when I connect a single disk eSATA, it works normally).

synology removed that ~2013 from dsm in a way that only there own units work (like checking the firmware of the external unit)

its not about missing drivers, its a feature to prevent unsave hardware, you also can't make usb or esata drive part of a raid for the same reason

the most technical i cant remeber about it was this

https://community.synology.com/enu/forum/17/post/54396

and even if you find out about it, it most likely sits in the kernel and the way the loader works we are bound to use the original synology kernel

way easier to use 4lane sas connectors ans sas controller to connect to a enclosure (rarely seen)

if you really want to use that then try open media vault, its a normal linux and not a hacked appliance like xpenology

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I bough a NVIDIA GPU Card for my HP MicroServ Gen8 in order to have hardware transcoding.

I tried both IG-88 Loader with extra for 3617xs and DSM 6.2.3 Loader (with MBR partition Table) for DS3617xs but i still don't have H/W transcode.

Am i doing something wrong or Nvidia drivers is not in the extra drivers ?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Team,

here's a driver request for Intel NIC I219-V, and more specifically I219-V14 (0x15FA).

My Asrock H510M-ITX/ac with Giga PHY Intel® I219-V Is not detected.

pciconf -lv gives:

none5@pci0:0:31:6:    class=0x020000 card=0x15fa1849 chip=0x15fa8086 rev=0x11 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = 'Ethernet Connection (14) I219-V
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet

@flyride kindly pointed to the updated driver package from Intel: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/15817    ...where support is included for the following:

•   Ethernet Connection (13) I219-LM  (PCI ID 0x15fb)
  •   Ethernet Connection (13) I219-V     (PCI ID 0x15fc)
  •   Ethernet Connection (14) I219-LM  (PCI ID 0x15f9)
  •   Ethernet Connection (14) I219-V     (PCI ID 0x15fa)
  •   Ethernet Connection (15) I219-LM  (PCI ID 0x15f4)
  •   Ethernet Connection (15) I219-V     (PCI ID 0x15f5)
  •   Ethernet Connection (16) I219-LM  (PCI ID 0x1a1e)
  •   Ethernet Connection (16) I219-V     (PCI ID 0x1a1f)
  •   Ethernet Connection (17) I219-LM  (PCI ID 0x1a1c)
  •   Ethernet Connection (17) I219-V     (PCI ID 0x1a1d)

The DS918+ extra.lzma/extra2.lzma 0.13.3 driver compilation includes PCIe IDs up to the older 0x15e3.

Where support ends at "Ethernet Connection (9) I219-V" /w PCI ID 0x15e2. 

Edited by HeartofGold
  • Like 1

В 09.02.2019 в 23:57, antihrist2002 сказал:

если хочется играться с виндой через один загрузчик, то проще всего использовать PXE+iSCSI (ipxe)

Если всё еще актуально, то объясню подробней.

Актуально. Если не сложно, то ждём-с. Спасибо!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Platform : DS3617xs

DSM 6.2.2

Loader 1.03b

extra: v0.5_test

Please help adding Realtek RTL8125B NIC driver

I know DS918+ do support Realtek RTL8125B NIC

but I can't run DS918+ because I'm using AMD Ryzen pro 4650G APU

I can't update to 6.2.3 because I've got a TV tuner that I uses every day that do not have driver supporting 6.2.3

Edited by Katana
add info

On 1/19/2022 at 7:19 AM, АндрейРостов said:

При первичнои установки. Ассистен пишет что нет диска и просит переподключить

On 1/22/2022 at 9:10 AM, bl747 said:

非常需要这驱动程序

if it's not english its most likely nothing is going to happen, as long as you are not in your native language section, english is the way to go

On 5/24/2022 at 7:16 AM, Katana said:

Platform : DS3617xs

DSM 6.2.2

beside 6.2.2 being a "weird" version with its special kernel settings (that came up after 6.3.1 and vanished with 6..2.3) it's being an problem to compile some drivers, 3.10.x seems not to be working anymore for some drivers and realtek r8125  (2.5G) is one of them, you can try 918+ 6.2.3 (if your cpu is 4th gen intel or newer and you

dont use lsi sas controller) or try tinycore rp loader for 3622 (that one uses kernel 4.4 and should have recent r8125 drivers - and if not we should be able to make them)

but I can't run DS918+ because I'm using AMD Ryzen pro 4650G APU

that one should have the capability to run 918+ as it support FMA3

I can't update to 6.2.3 because I've got a TV tuner that I uses every day that do not have driver supporting 6.2.3

then maybe a 10G or 2.5/5G nic thats working with your 6.2.2 might be a solution

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
21 hours ago, IG-88 said:

use newer loader for 7.x

6.2.3 is the last one supported in jun's loaders and qla2xxx is also suppoted in the newer drivers

https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-modules/tree/master/qla2xxx

Understood, 7.x with redpill loader will have qla2xxx,thanks.

However, I am a little bit confused about 6.2.3(I am using this) Jun’s Loader v1.04b DS918+.  I don't c driver qla2xxx inside. Anyway can put it inside? I actually don't want to upgrade to 7.x, thanks. 

• 2 months later...