XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 6.2

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have mygica T230c and I would like to use it on the disk station. The kernel modu are already on /lib/modules/backports_dvb and I have the 2 firmware files.

Could you please let me know how to get this stick to work.

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 12:16 PM, p3t3 said:

please add support Intel® Ethernet Controller I225 (igc.ko)

only part of kernel 5.x and intel is not planning to support it in older kernels (found a dev entry in a intel forum about that from 4/2020)

i did one attempt with backported one from redhat but it did not work with synologys kernel

as long as no one makes a special backported driver its not going to be suported

On 7/29/2020 at 5:13 PM, a2issa said:

I have mygica T230c and I would like to use it on the disk station. The kernel modu are already on /lib/modules/backports_dvb and I have the 2 firmware files.

why making a driver request if the driver is there?

check the dsm documantation on how to use dvb, you can also check dmesg about the device and the driver loaded

On 8/12/2020 at 2:26 PM, costyy said:

Drivers request for HP NC523SFP NE3210404-29 QLE3242-HP 10GB 593742-001 593715-001

qlcnic.ko is already in extra.lzma (even in jun's default), check the dmesg log about pcie id of the nic and error messages about loading and give feedback in the additional driver section about the problems

On 8/2/2020 at 12:31 PM, otobcn said:

LAN for motherboard:  AMD- GA-970A-DS3P

1 x chip Realtek GbE LAN (10/100/1000 Mbit)

realtek chips are supported, persumably boot problems related t0 loader 1.03b only supporting csm/legacy boot

On 5/21/2020 at 10:06 AM, kwong328 said:

Both NIC don't work,

intel and broadcom drivers are present in extra.lzma with additional drivers

On 5/21/2020 at 10:06 AM, kwong328 said:

not sure about the SATA controller as I have no way to test it. These exact same hardware used to work on DSM 6.0.2-8451

asm1061 is ahci, that one should work for sure with dsm 6.2 and chipset also supports ahci sata

boot problems for sure, 1.03b 3615/17 only supports csm/legacy (also csm legacy boot device has to be used, we only show after booted with csm enabled in bios) or try 1.04b 918+ as it can do uefi and csm/legacy (board supports 6th and 7th gen cpus so it should be good enough), you can also try loader 1.02b and dsm 6.1

On 5/30/2020 at 6:39 PM, speedyrazor said:

Hi IG-88, just checking if you had any chances to look at the virtIO driver please?

the drivers are there for ages but did not seem to work as it need a special extra.lzma (rc.modules)  to load early on boot process with kvm

its not a driver request anymore as the drivers are in the extra.lzma, they are not loaded by default and atm they would need to loaded manually when already running in kvm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello IG-88,

First, Thank you for your hard work and time. Thanks to your extra.izma my NIC on r8169: Realtek Gigabit Ethernet PCI RTL8110SC(L) is working very well. However I cant get eSATA and other NIC to work and hoping you could help. 

I am Running 6.2.3 on DS3615 with extra.lzma for loader 1.03b ds3615 DSM 6.2.3 v0.11_test

Hardware: ASUS  P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP on LGA 775 ( I know, I know but I had it laying around :) ) Link to Specs

6 Internal SATA work through AHCI

WI-FI Works too

so basically I Need drivers for: 

1) Marvell88E8056® PCI-E LAN controllers ( only working with 100MBS currently in limp mode)

2)JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller  ( I know its in Red currently in your post but is there anything we can try to get it to work ? it's not big deal as it's external   but worth asking about :) 

currently this is what loads: 

Kernel driver in use: uhci_hcd
	Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
	Kernel driver in use: pcieport
	Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
	Kernel driver in use: lpc_ich
	Kernel driver in use: ahci
	Kernel driver in use: sky2
	Kernel driver in use: ahci
	Kernel driver in use: r8169

Thanks for your input in advance and sorry for long post. 

31 minutes ago, BigBearJ said:

2)JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller  ( I know its in Red currently in your post but is there anything we can try to get it to work ? it's not big deal as it's external   but worth asking about :) 

if set to the right mode it might support ahci

https://blog.stuffedcow.net/2012/08/jmicron-jmb36x-add-on-card-ahci-mode/comment-page-1/

afair i had one of these a pcie 1x card and it worked ahci but had really weird error messages in the log so i placed it far away

36 minutes ago, BigBearJ said:

Marvell88E8056® PCI-E LAN controllers ( only working with 100MBS currently in limp mode)

sky2 is the driver, if its not working properly with the kernel driver an cant do anything about it

maybe you can set it manually in 1G mode?

also there would not be much gain in having a 2nd 1G nic

you still have 4 pcie slots so you can add cards for more sata ports or a better nic, but i would not trust that old hardware to much and it might waste some energy for what its doing

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, Infosucher said:

do you know if the driver for Intel i219v Networkcard now is supported for? I would like to install the last Version of DSM 6.2.3 and I come from DSM 5.2.

if you can provide a pci vid and pid and its sub vid/pid we could check but if its running with 5.2 its so old i'd say its guaranteed to work with 6.2.3 (at least when using my extra.lzma with more und newer drivers), the driver would be e1000e and thats part of jun's default extra (from 2018)

just take a new/empty usb put on the loader for 6.2.3 (3615/17, needs csm/legacy if its uefi bios) shutdoen you system, remove 5.2 usb und put in the new (dont worry about usb vid/pid as long as you dont install it does not matter), boot the new usb and try to find the system in network with synology assistant, just booting the loader wo not do anything to you disks

in optimal case you will see the system and it would offer update/migration - at this point you know network is working and also storage to be working (to see the old dsm system it needs to access the disks)

with 6.x you would need ahci mode on the sata system

so i dont expect any driver problems for the nic, trouble to expect is having ahci mode and booting in csm mode when its uefi (you need to use the non-uefi usb boot device)

if you have trouble with the new loader open a new thread in area that matches

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, IG-88 said:

if you can provide a pci vid and pid and its sub vid/pid we could check but if its running with 5.2 its so old i'd say its guaranteed to work with 6.2.3 (at least when using my extra.lzma with more und newer drivers), the driver would be e1000e and thats part of jun's default extra (from 2018)

just take a new/empty usb put on the loader for 6.2.3 (3615/17, needs csm/legacy if its uefi bios) shutdoen you system, remove 5.2 usb und put in the new (dont worry about usb vid/pid as long as you dont install it does not matter), boot the new usb and try to find the system in network with synology assistant, just booting the loader wo not do anything to you disks

in optimal case you will see the system and it would offer update/migration - at this point you know network is working and also storage to be working (to see the old dsm system it needs to access the disks)

with 6.x you would need ahci mode on the sata system

so i dont expect any driver problems for the nic, trouble to expect is having ahci mode and booting in csm mode when its uefi (you need to use the non-uefi usb boot device)

if you have trouble with the new loader open a new thread in area that matches

Hello,

thanks for the detailed answer. I will test it in the next few days and then install DSM 5.2 on an old disk and then upgrade to 6.2.3 as a test. I will report.

Greetings

Infosucher

Hello,

On a fresh ds3617xs, i'd like to enable my RocketRAID RocketRAID 640L - codename "rr640l"

With or without extra 11.2 result is the same.

i've tried to compile my driver but unsuccessfully. (from here: RR64xl_Linux_Src_v1.4.9_20_08_21)

my dmesg show this:

rr640l: version magic '4.19.0-13-amd64 SMP mod_unload modversions ' should be '3.10.105 SMP mod_unload '

I think that the original linux driver taken from website is for another kernel, but not sure.

any advice ?

How can i find linux rr640L driver for 3.10.105 kernel ?

everything is working fine, i only need this.

PS: on a hackintosh the rr640l is seen like scsi card.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

can you please add Marvell 88SE9125 to 918+ loader, so I can configure 6 drives (4 drives discovered with build in controller) with ASROCK J5040 which have only 1lane on PCIe avaialble so only two ports are possible too feed with good throughput if I did a math properly.

image.thumb.png.5e5440e27783aa1a2134533537965ac9.png

* I don't understand why drive 3 and 4 is missing here ... or is it well hidden?

not sure if drivers discussed here: https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/14127-guide-to-native-drivers-dsm-621-on-ds918/?do=findComment&comment=145203

has some other HW requirements, but I didn't see any miracle with my DSM.

not sure if this link with driver is the right one, but someone refered to this in previous comments with tread I just shared.

https://linux-hardware.org/index.php?id=pci:1b4b-9125-1b4b-9125

Thanks in advance!

and thanks for all great work or efforts so far.

Edited by Gryllz
updating picture

• 1 month later...

There is no such thing as a SATA NVMe SSD.

SATA SSD and NVMe SSDs are two different things.  A SATA SSD is actually a SATA device, not an NVMe device masquerading as a SATA device.  When the M.2 slot is in SATA mode, it maps to a SATA port on a motherboard controller.  Not all motherboards support SATA port mapping to M.2 slot.

An NVMe SSD is actually a native PCIe device. The M.2 slot in that case is a PCIe port.

Edited by flyride

16 minutes ago, rok1 said:

My motherboard does not take away a normal SATA port when I have a M.2 Sata device installed.

I believe you; not all motherboards take away a SATA port when a M.2 SATA device is installed.  But all M.2 SATA ports map to a motherboard controller device as the M.2 interface does not support SATA by itself.