IG-88

Driver extension jun 1.03a2/DSM6.2.x for DS918+

Thanks for the answer.
I used your packages at 6.1.x and upgraded directly to 6.2.1 in early September.
Except for the Realtek network card, everything, obvious, worked flawlessly.

On Tuesday, the volume became unavailable to me.
Not a single one of the eight hard drives was displayed.
Since no hard disk was started either, and the longer shutdown did not help, I thought the RAID controller was defective.

I ordered the same one again and flashed the firmware - meanwhile also the IT mode.

But in DSM no drive is shown.
lspci shows me the vid and pid of the RAID controller, but my knowledge is too superficial for me to continue debugging.

As I said, both controllers display all hard disks under Ubuntu without any problems.

I'll do an extra thread on it tomorrow ...

doing any additional or replacement driver would be pointless as with 6.2.1 only the original synology drivers work, that the reason why the realtek did not work, thats a additonal driver from juns loader

to have a look about the disks you might check /var/log/dmesg, you should see the mpt2sas recognizing the card and after that there should be something about the connected disk

Loader version and type (918+/3615xs/3617xs):DS918+

DSM version in use (including critical update):DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2

Using custom modules/ramdisk? yes If yes which one?:extra918plus_v0.4

Hardware details (try being specific without giving long and useless technical details - model version, motherboard and NIC used should suffice):Asrock j3455-itx  nic r8168 realtek

Works great with update 2.

On 10/1/2018 at 11:35 PM, IG-88 said:

doing any additional or replacement driver would be pointless as with 6.2.1 only the original synology drivers work, that the reason why the realtek did not work, thats a additonal driver from juns loader

to have a look about the disks you might check /var/log/dmesg, you should see the mpt2sas recognizing the card and after that there should be something about the connected disk

I opened an extra thread because of my problem.

Hangs When Using the transcode and network cannot be find even when restarting so have to rebuilt.

Driver Loader: 1.03a2 j918+

modules: None

MB: j4205

i'd suggest you search the forum for this, the hardware transcode support is a kernel build in feature and the i915 module is the one from synology

as we cant change the kernel there is no way to address this by a "driver"

On 9/25/2018 at 3:24 PM, IG-88 said:

if you have a source repository i might try but afaik that driver is part of the kernel and is maintained in the kernel so getting it into the old 4.4 kernel will be backporting

but if you have a solution lets hear it (i guess its not like a network driver, that one might be closely tied to the cpu support and if you try to backport it you end up patching the whole kernel and as we cant use another kernel with dsm ... i dont think that will be possible)

thx, kernel 4.14 starting support uhd gpu, lets w8 for new xpenology loader with new kernel

Any release date for the final version of it? I mean, is still in alpha, right?

Hi, @IG-88 Thanks for replying. I just want to help and report some errors. I don't mind not having a transcoding. I can play my videos on the internet just fine.