XPEnology Community

Driver extension jun 1.03a2/DSM6.2.x for DS918+

Thanks for the answer.
I used your packages at 6.1.x and upgraded directly to 6.2.1 in early September.
Except for the Realtek network card, everything, obvious, worked flawlessly.

On Tuesday, the volume became unavailable to me.
Not a single one of the eight hard drives was displayed.
Since no hard disk was started either, and the longer shutdown did not help, I thought the RAID controller was defective.

I ordered the same one again and flashed the firmware - meanwhile also the IT mode.

But in DSM no drive is shown.
lspci shows me the vid and pid of the RAID controller, but my knowledge is too superficial for me to continue debugging.

As I said, both controllers display all hard disks under Ubuntu without any problems.

I'll do an extra thread on it tomorrow ...

doing any additional or replacement driver would be pointless as with 6.2.1 only the original synology drivers work, that the reason why the realtek did not work, thats a additonal driver from juns loader

to have a look about the disks you might check /var/log/dmesg, you should see the mpt2sas recognizing the card and after that there should be something about the connected disk

Loader version and type (918+/3615xs/3617xs):DS918+

DSM version in use (including critical update):DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2

Using custom modules/ramdisk? yes If yes which one?:extra918plus_v0.4

Hardware details (try being specific without giving long and useless technical details - model version, motherboard and NIC used should suffice):Asrock j3455-itx  nic r8168 realtek

Works great with update 2.

On 10/1/2018 at 11:35 PM, IG-88 said:

doing any additional or replacement driver would be pointless as with 6.2.1 only the original synology drivers work, that the reason why the realtek did not work, thats a additonal driver from juns loader

to have a look about the disks you might check /var/log/dmesg, you should see the mpt2sas recognizing the card and after that there should be something about the connected disk

I opened an extra thread because of my problem.

On 9/25/2018 at 3:24 PM, IG-88 said:

if you have a source repository i might try but afaik that driver is part of the kernel and is maintained in the kernel so getting it into the old 4.4 kernel will be backporting

but if you have a solution lets hear it (i guess its not like a network driver, that one might be closely tied to the cpu support and if you try to backport it you end up patching the whole kernel and as we cant use another kernel with dsm ... i dont think that will be possible)

thx, kernel 4.14 starting support uhd gpu, lets w8 for new xpenology loader with new kernel

On 10/19/2018 at 3:47 AM, dreamdale said:

thanks a lot.

I test this extra.luma in ASUS P9A-I( use the marvell 9485),I tested the 0.4 and the 0.5 driver extra, all can't use the SAS/Sata port.

The same mainboard use 1.02B boot can use. Do you know what's problem cause it?

there was a backport patch for 9485 with the old kernel of dsm 6.1

can#r remember from what kernel it came but looks like we even need it for the newer 918+ kernel 4.4.59 (3615/17 still use the old kernel in dsm 6.2 so they definitaly would need the patch)

[18.12.2017] new 4.4, mvsas source modded to detect oem versions of 88SE9485, update driver mpt3sas to v23 for SAS93xx/SAS94xx support, added drivers for 10G nic Aquantia AQC-100/107/108

so i guess its possible but atm i don't have time for new drivers, starting with next week (november)  i will have more time for additional things like this

Hi all

Just curious if extra.lzma for DS918+ v0.5_test or extra.lzma for DS918+ v0.4 work with 1.04b loader? I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Also if it does not work, can someone please point me to the 1.03a2 loader. I can't seem to find a link for it either. I am trying to get my nvme drives to function as a cache and can't seem to get the to work with 1.04b and 23739 so I thought I'd give a try with the 1.03a2 extra file a shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 1:22 AM, modboxx said:

I got 2x ASM1061 2 ports each card and a single nvme card with a sm961 but so far so good.

image.thumb.png.833c4c6daf53ea4b2f0bcfa3d7ada075.png

How to run NVME on DSM 6.2? I installed the PM961 256GB NVME in the m.2 slot on the motherboard (I also tried through the resizer) and is not visible in my xpenology.
Synoboot without extra.lzma for DS918 +.
Computer Hp 600 G3 Sff.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked the network card information in windows.

Device Description    Mellanox MT26448 ConnectX EN 10GigE, PCIe 2.0 5GT/s
Bus Type    PCI Express 2.0 x8
Bus / Device / Function    2 / 0 / 0
Device ID    15B3-6750
Subsystem ID    15B3-0015
Device Class    0200 (Ethernet Controller)
Revision    B0
Fast Back-to-Back Transactions    Not Supported

Vital Product Data (VPD)    
Identifier    ConnectX-2 SFP+
Part Number    MNPA19-XTR

I checked the network card information in DSM

lspci -k

I found the network card in the list.

0000:01:00.0 Class 0200: Device 15b3:6750 (rev b0)
    Subsystem: Device 15b3:0015

But the network card does not work

i found the error

[   20.006524] mlx4_core: Mellanox ConnectX core driver v4.1-1.0.2 (27 Jun 2017)
[   20.006531] mlx4_core: Initializing
[   20.007792] mlx4_core: probe of 0000:01:00.0 failed with error -5

Edited by zhsrain

On 12/6/2018 at 11:03 AM, marian said:

Can you please publish the scripts for your workflow that produces extra.lzma files @IG-88? I wanted to build virtio drivers for 1.04b loader the other day by hand and I didn't get the result i wanted. I would like to compare the process. Thanks.

+1 I would like to build it myself too, and don't bother anyone, a good guide/tutorial, it would save you for tons of work...

Edited by ed_co

But doesn't say the source files of the latest 6.2... besides I don't use Windows 10, but MacOS, apart from the fact that I don't know where to find the driver source code for my NIC (i290V) which is valid for the version of DSM.

Edited by ed_co

I can build the drivers and package them. However the virtio drivers I built don't seem to work. The network interface does not come up after modprobing the driver. virtio_blk throws up some errors.

I would like to either check my process against some one else's or get access to the workflow i.e. scripts to build them using proven steps. I followed the guide it makes sense but I must be making mistake somewhere. I imagine you guys must have been building extra.lzma files for some time now, you probably have some helper scripts right?

BTW: 6.2 is based on the latest kernel that on sourceforge.

On 12/14/2018 at 5:14 PM, marian said:

I can build the drivers and package them. However the virtio drivers I built don't seem to work. The network interface does not come up after modprobing the driver. virtio_blk throws up some errors.

I would like to either check my process against some one else's or get access to the workflow i.e. scripts to build them using proven steps. I followed the guide it makes sense but I must be making mistake somewhere. I imagine you guys must have been building extra.lzma files for some time now, you probably have some helper scripts right?

BTW: 6.2 is based on the latest kernel that on sourceforge.

For generating the drivers for i290V, how can I do it? where is the source code to work with? That I don't want is to destroy the current support in the loader... but keep all it has, and just add the i290V on it. Is the procedure removing the current devices support of the loader replace with the new one, or just adds more? (as it says to replace the extra.lzma file, I don't have it clear if it keeps the other stuff).

EDIT: I will take a look into the motherboard CD, maybe there could be linux source code of the LAN... (or not).

Edited by ed_co