XPEnology Community

Driver extension jun 1.03a2/DSM6.2.x for DS918+

ok so i tested. To aovid messing up my ds3617 xpenology disk, i unplugged them just to test booting off the DS918+ loader to test my two lan nics.

This is what i observed:

- with the stock 1.03a2 jun loader for Ds918+, the functional NIC is the intel 1211 and the intel 1219 DOESNT work. (on my ds3617 1.02b loader, the 1219 works but the 1211 does not)

-with the 1.03a2 jun loader for Ds918+ with the extra ram disk lzma included. Both my NICs work. So obviously the ram disk for the ds918+ has some additional drivers that the 3617 ram disk does not!.

I think the extra ram disk for the ds3617 needs a new driver module for "igb" because that module seems to be responsible for the intel 1211 NIC. 

19 часов назад, alirz1 сказал:

ok so i tested. To aovid messing up my ds3617 xpenology disk, i unplugged them just to test booting off the DS918+ loader to test my two lan nics.

This is what i observed:

- with the stock 1.03a2 jun loader for Ds918+, the functional NIC is the intel 1211 and the intel 1219 DOESNT work. (on my ds3617 1.02b loader, the 1219 works but the 1211 does not)

-with the 1.03a2 jun loader for Ds918+ with the extra ram disk lzma included. Both my NICs work. So obviously the ram disk for the ds918+ has some additional drivers that the 3617 ram disk does not!.

I think the extra ram disk for the ds3617 needs a new driver module for "igb" because that module seems to be responsible for the intel 1211 NIC. 

What do you need 3617 or 918?

6.1 or 6.2 ?

Edited by 4sag

On 8/14/2018 at 2:15 PM, Polanskiman said:

Yes but we are in DSM 6.2 topic. There is no custom ramdisk for the 3617xs or 3615xs for DSM 6.2 available other than for 918+.

Is a custom ramdisk for 3617xs or 3615x DSM 6.2 planned for the future or is the intention to support only the 918+ loader?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi,

tinyupload.com says

File was deleted from server. 
File was deleted by owner or exceeded maximum storage time (100 days from last download).

i did not delete them but it cant be 100 days without download so clearly a error on there side - but hey its for free, i re-uploaded them

On 8/22/2018 at 9:03 PM, T-REX-XP said:

Who knows, this driver pack improve hw transcoding on j3455 cpu with valid sn/mac and activated codecs?? Thanks. 

no, it does not change anything about this, its just more drivers for network and storage

as long as its not compiled directly into the kernel (*.ko file in /lib/modules/) it might be possible - any suggestions?

Edited by IG-88
  • Thanks 1

hello!

i seem to be missing something. all the talk in this topic is about the extra.lzma for jun's loader 1.03a2 for ds918+ image.

however, on jun's topic there is available only loader 1.03b for other ds versions. 

where cane we get a loader for ds918+? i am trying to test this on an asrock j3455b itx board. 

thanks!

Hello,

I have been able to install DSM 6.2 using the 1.3b loader on my N40L. (DS3617xs)

But I would like to use the DSM for the DS918+, because I would like to use the SHR functionality.

This, I can not manage, it does not show up on the network.

So I have the following questions:

1. Where do I get a serial for the DS918+?

2. How do I add the extra.lzma file, in case I need it? (I have OSFMOUNT running, but I don't know where to put is aor which file I need to replace. I can not find any extra.lzma on partition 0)

3. What is really my problem installing it? Has anybody succeeded with my hardware?

Regards, Tomte

13 hours ago, Tomte said:

1. Where do I get a serial for the DS918+?

you dont need a sn for normal nas usage

2. How do I add the extra.lzma file, in case I need it? (I have OSFMOUNT running, but I don't know where to put is aor which file I need to replace. I can not find any extra.lzma on partition 0)

read the faq about migrating to dsm 6.1 its also the install instructions for a fresh install,

3. What is really my problem installing it? Has anybody succeeded with my hardware? 

cpu is to old i guess

if you read the 1st post carefull you might recognize this

"CPU list for DS918+ Image - 4th gen Intel Core aka Haswell seems to be minimum requirement (Hide contents)"

13 hours ago, Tomte said:

because I would like to use the SHR functionality. 

you dont need 916/918+ for SHR

try the FAQ section

"3 - How can I use SHR in DSM6?"

after adding a SHR it will work even if the additional entry's are removed (bigger dsm updates), its only needed to create SHR, the code for using it is there and will be used if a SHR raid is found

Edited by IG-88

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, liuhangcheng said:

can u add new i915 gpu driver for 8gen intel UHD  gpu ?

if you have a source repository i might try but afaik that driver is part of the kernel and is maintained in the kernel so getting it into the old 4.4 kernel will be backporting

but if you have a solution lets hear it (i guess its not like a network driver, that one might be closely tied to the cpu support and if you try to backport it you end up patching the whole kernel and as we cant use another kernel with dsm ... i dont think that will be possible)

Is it possible to compile this package for 3817 as well?

Or can I include them directly?

I have an LSI 9211-8i (IR) which is not recognized from one day to the next.
With Ubuntu all hard disks are recognized perfectly.

Even a replacement controller recognizes all hard disks under Ubuntu but not under DSM 😕

beside that it should be IT und not IR (R like RAID)

one day to another like update from 6.2.(0) to 6.2.1?

dis you see the announcements on the start page?

https://xpenology.com/forum/announcement/17-dsm-621-23824-warning/

since 6.2.1 all not synology modules are not working anymore, so if you have 918+ then the dsm update broke your mpt2sas.ko driver as this diver is not from the 918+ image by synology

BUT the 3615 and 3617 image contain this driver by default and jun's 1.03b loader is for 3615/3617

depending on your nic you could switch to 3617 with a new loader, but only if the nic is supported by the original 3617 (in *.pat file, hda1.tgz, /usr/lib/modules)

(realtek would be a deal breaker that one is part of 918+ org. pat file but not in 3615/3617

the other option is to downgrade back to 6.2.(0) or better to 6.1.x (to get all new security updates)