XPEnology Community

ESXI Xpenology 4.3 upgrade to current version

MichelDir

Hi!

I have installed XPEnology 4.3 on ESXI 5.5. How correct upgrade it to version 6?  I think the best way is install new VM with Xpenology 6, and then connect virtual disk form old VM to a new VM.

Is it good idea? Or i must upgrade Xpenology 4.3 to 5.5 and then to 6.1? Does the new version of Xpenology recognise my disk configuration?

On 7/7/2018 at 8:41 PM, MichelDir said:

have installed XPEnology 4.3 on ESXI 5.5. How correct upgrade it to version 6?

in theory to 5 and then 6.1 but even if this works i think you come from 32bit and the 6.x is 64bit you will loose all plugins and some settings on vm its much easier to install a new vm and implemt it parallell to your old

I think the best way is install new VM with Xpenology 6, and then connect virtual disk form old VM to a new VM.

dsm 6.1 fresh yes but you should also create new disks as the new default filesystem is btrfs (and still ext4 is offered)

Is it good idea? Or i must upgrade Xpenology 4.3 to 5.5 and then to 6.1?

if you want a in place upgrade yes but only a very few people will recommand this

Does the new version of Xpenology recognise my disk configuration?

it shlould but on 4.2 it might have bin ext3, i guess that will still work but an new creation its not offered anymore

i'd recommand new vm and new volume with new btrfs fiel system, copy data from old or do a beckup and restore to new system