XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Brick

wimpi13

Question

Hello, my HP Proliant Gen 8 run under DSM 6.1 (BTW, Thanks to Jun loader) and it has automatically upgrade to DSM 6.2. It's now unreachable on my net.

If I buy a synology (for example DS918+) and mount my 4 HDD  (with all my data) from te HP NAS, can I have my data visible (or disks will be formated) ???

Thanks in advance. Best regards

2 answers to this question

You should be able to migrate the disks to the new Synology box, which will keep all of your data intact. Having said that you should always ensure that you have a recent backup of any important data that you wish to keep.

Hi

i did have the same issue and i was also affraid to lost everything but basically was not aware that this update was breaking everything.

So finally i did managed to get it working back by doing those steps without data loss (a downgrade to earlier version of DSM).

You will need an old HDD that you can format, you will need another USB stick that you can reformat to install again xpenology

For the usb follow the process here:

For the next steps go here :

the only difference with what was done by that guy is that i did have 2 times to update with the previous PAT files (when I first started with a fresh blank HDD and then when i have replugg my array with 4 disc in SHR)

You are going to lose the configuration and the packages that were installed before but at least you are not going to lose your data's

Edited by GuilD
text fault