XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Reboot Loop CANT recover

Tckh

I also made the mistake to upgrade to DSM 6.2 without coming back and reading. I always have two USB so usually, it updates and works if not I will boot with the other USB and still recover without issues. Last night, I upgraded to DSM 6.2 and it entered a reboot loop without getting an IP. I have tried to reinstall suing  Tutorial: Install/Migrate DSM 5.2 to 6.1.x (Jun's loader) and I can hook up a drive and be able to use 6.1.7, log in , etc  but when I get a USB ready and I boot connecting my drives it goes into a constant reboot loop. I have 12.6 TB of data. Is there a way to recover from this one??? This time it seems it writes to your drives and bricks the system and USB. CAn someone tell me if there is a way I can recover my data? Thanks Tck

Hi Guys, since there currently is no solution in rolling back the 6.2 to 6.1.17 or another older versie. i have decided to backup my data and do a clean install on my NAS using the basic new/clean install method  (I am lucky to have backedup all my DSM setting in June recently)

First boot your machine via ubuntu (follow these instructions   http://www.instructables.com/id/RECOVERING-DATA-FROM-a-SYNOLOGY-DISKSTATION-USING-/  )

then open a superuser terminal (I could not find how to do that so i opened a root terminal) after mounting my data array  (6 discs in total 15TB in raid 5) i used btrfs on my array but this should also work on ext4.

A have 6.1TB of data on the array. I had a spare 3TB en 2x 1TB discs. Which would not be enough. But the discs in the data array of my NAS are a mixed bunch (old and new). So i bought me one new 3TB disc. Which I now first use for backup, after installing the new dsm and restoring the data i will replace the oldest disc in my array with this new one.

I use a USB 3.0 - Sata disc station (sharkoon sata quickport xt) for connecting and mounting the backup discs.

Good luck on restoring yours guys. 

Edited by yetithebouncer