XPEnology Community

Ethernet VIA problem

halcon46

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a server. I have connected my usb and power on the computer. I can see the balck screen which shows that all is OK but when I run the assistan from other computer, I can't see the diskstation and if I go into muy router, I don't see the computer connected.

I have a motherboard AsRock 775-Dual Vsta with a VIA PHY VT6103 ethernet.

Could the problem be an incopatibility with this card?

you don't give much information what loader and dsm version you tried, but if its 1.02b, dsm 6.1 ds3615 then its not going to work, if you have a look into the driver list where you loaded the addition extra.lzma (if you have) the you will see that via nic ist still orange as not used yet and not pesent yet

also makes not that much sense as this ist 10/100 Mbit/s so the best perfoamance to expect is 11 MByte/s and that so low the use of this will be extremely limited

i'd suggest you insert a 1GBit nic and try again

15 hours ago, IG-88 said:

you don't give much information what loader and dsm version you tried, but if its 1.02b, dsm 6.1 ds3615 then its not going to work, if you have a look into the driver list where you loaded the addition extra.lzma (if you have) the you will see that via nic ist still orange as not used yet and not pesent yet

also makes not that much sense as this ist 10/100 Mbit/s so the best perfoamance to expect is 11 MByte/s and that so low the use of this will be extremely limited

i'd suggest you insert a 1GBit nic and try again

I downloaded last version (1.03a2). I only want nic for first connect, then I will connect a wifi adapter

9 hours ago, halcon46 said:

I downloaded last version (1.03a2). I only want nic for first connect, then I will connect a wifi adapter

even more not going to work, newer version 1.03 alpha is for 918+ and does need newer hardware to even start booting

also the original extra.lzma from jun that comes with the loader does only contain a standard set of drivers, yours are to old and not included

just use pci/pcie nic (realtek is often cheap to find) and use that for booting, you should also check if your wifi is supported by synology, there is no support for other wifi drivers from others