XPEnology Community

Howto work original synology ?

Aigor

Question

Hi, i apologize for my strange post :D
How it works original synology hardware? 
They wrote a special bios in which rename the hardware like they want? 
If so, could be possible do the same in regular bios? 
As far i know device naming i doing via DSDT that is readable , so, if we take original synology DSDT we can compare with a standard DSDT and, we can try to tweak DSDT of standard bios to reflect synology device naming
i'm writing a bullshit or there is something logical? 
many thanks 

4 answers to this question

That's a very good question, I'm sure there are many others including myself that have a dedicated Synology box. Anything that makes Xpenology more plug and play is certainly good news!

I know DSDT patching is what is used in the Hackintosh world to make regular PCs more in-line with Apple hardware. I'd also be interested to know what validity checks exist on genuine Synology hardware. Although I'm pretty sure the devs would want to keep it under wraps to ensure Synology don't catch onto our patching ways!

39 minutes ago, filippo333 said:

That's a very good question, I'm sure there are many others including myself that have a dedicated Synology box. Anything that makes Xpenology more plug and play is certainly good news!

I know DSDT patching is what is used in the Hackintosh world to make regular PCs more in-line with Apple hardware. I'd also be interested to know what validity checks exist on genuine Synology hardware. Although I'm pretty sure the devs would want to keep it under wraps to ensure Synology don't catch onto our patching ways!

Waiting dev answer :D , the ideam comes in my mind because i patch DSDT for hackintosh too and i wrote a howto use ozmosis into bios