XPEnology Community

ASUS Motherboard Issue

chanyork

Hello, I followed the instruction to upgrade from 6.0.2 to 6.1.7.

Step I did.

1.  use Ubuntu to identify the Network Card MAC and USB VID and PID

2. create an USB with the DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02b.img image and updated the Grub.cfg with the information together with my serial number.

3.  Boot the USB disk and use another PC to access the webpage.

4. Install with Manual Attachment of DSM_DS3615xs_15284.pat file.

5.  Finish running 100% and going to reboot.

6.  STUCK :-  in ASUS Logo Screen (the one requesting for F2 and Del) can not get into bios.

If i remove all the connection to the hard drive it works.  If any of the hard drive are connected issue occured.

My Hardware.

ASUS H87I-PLUS

2 x WD20EFRX Hard Disk 2.0TB

2 x Western Digital 1TB

8gb memory

Please help as I did not backup my data.  and I learn it a very bad way.  All precious photo for the last 10 years are in it.

Cheers,

York

Hi

With the information you give I can't help you, but maybe if you give some more information....

1.- Why another usb (loader)? As far as I remember it's the same

2.- Remove all HDD and boot and enter bios. unselect ASUS logo screen. Is there any error on screen? (maybe it's trying to boot from a hdd and not from usb)

3.- Download MD5 file for the .pat you downloaded and check it

4.- Remove all connections from motherboard, everything, from fans to power cord including RAM, unplug the button battery and wait at least 10 minutes. then plug back the battery (and the mininum cables, memory, etc) and do a clear cmos. Then boot the computer again, configure bios and try again.

The info is there, but you don't know how to see it (if the hdds are ok, of course). You can mount the disk in a linux machine and do a backup. My recommendation would be: Buy a 4/5/6TB external usb disk to do backup and burn a cd with some live linux on it. Copy data to the external usb hdd and then try to reload the dsm....

4 minutes ago, endormmc said:

Hi

With the information you give I can't help you, but maybe if you give some more information....

1.- Why another usb (loader)? As far as I remember it's the same

2.- Remove all HDD and boot and enter bios. unselect ASUS logo screen. Is there any error on screen? (maybe it's trying to boot from a hdd and not from usb)

3.- Download MD5 file for the .pat you downloaded and check it

4.- Remove all connections from motherboard, everything, from fans to power cord including RAM, unplug the button battery and wait at least 10 minutes. then plug back the battery (and the mininum cables, memory, etc) and do a clear cmos. Then boot the computer again, configure bios and try again.

The info is there, but you don't know how to see it (if the hdds are ok, of course). You can mount the disk in a linux machine and do a backup. My recommendation would be: Buy a 4/5/6TB external usb disk to do backup and burn a cd with some live linux on it. Copy data to the external usb hdd and then try to reload the dsm....

Hello endormmc

Thank you for your reply.  

1.  Just one USB boot loader i used.  

2.  I did remove all hard drive and disable ASUS Logo screen.  Nothing shows up.  

3.  How do I do the checking?  And in the case that it is the pat issues how can fix it now since i can not start with HD connected.

4.  I did clear the bios and clear cmos but did not work too.

I think the HDD is okay, since unlikely i killed 4 HDD at once, and i did connect the HDD via a USB 6x docking and can identify the Hard Disk. 

Since I am using SHR wonder how i can backup the data out now?  Will the Ubuntu solution work from the  https://www.synology.com/hu-hu/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/Storage/How_can_I_recover_data_from_my_DiskStation_using_a_PC?

If in case i need to replace the motherboard what is the recommended motherboard to replace with?  Some how I do not know why but motherboard HDMI internal graphic does not work and I am running via a pci-e graphic card.