XPEnology Community

About Cloud Station Drive

GroupPolicy

Hi Everyone,

I have a responsibility that I can not find an answer to. I installed Cloud Station server on my Xpenology  DS3617xs NAS. I use "Cloud station drive" on my computer to synchronize the files on my computer with the server. Synchronization works in two-way. but I could not figure out exactly what the settings in the part I shared with you were working for. No matter what option is selected, if I delete a file from my computer, it is also deleted from my server. Is this normal?

Thanks all

Synology Cloud Station Screen.PNG

7 minutes ago, abced said:

I guess the answer is in the word "re-linking". Only when you link the computer to the drive again that setting will take place.

I think this time it worked. I tried, firstly, I created a txt file in Client pc. After, I removed the sync link from Software and after, ı deleted txt file from pc. and again I connected to nas with software and ı saw txt file again my computer. Thaks My friend!

19 minutes ago, abced said:

I guess the answer is in the word "re-linking". Only when you link the computer to the drive again that setting will take place.

but there is a problem. The other option is the same. ı choose " Locally delete files will be removed from your nas"  after , ı remove the sync ling from software again. I connected to nas again but same txt file came back from nas to pc. This is not normall

What happens if you delete your test file without un-linking?  Does the file get deleted off your NAS?

Try having multiple test files in your drive on only deleting one of them.  I suspect the NAS thinks it has an empty folder so will copy everything over as there's no record in the drive of the locally-deleted file being removed.

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2018 at 10:19 PM, toastboy said:

What happens if you delete your test file without un-linking?  Does the file get deleted off your NAS?

Try having multiple test files in your drive on only deleting one of them.  I suspect the NAS thinks it has an empty folder so will copy everything over as there's no record in the drive of the locally-deleted file being removed.

The result is the same if I have more than one file.Did you test it?