XPEnology Community

Progress of 6.2 loader

jun
Message added by Polanskiman

Let me get things straighten up here before this thread starts going sideways. This is the developper discussion room. Not a newbie forum to start asking for guides and whatnot. @jun hasn't even said anything about the loader he has uploaded to his repository. So I would advise self control. Also, to those in panic mode trying to make things work desperately please use your personal jugement and experience. If you want to have a positive contribution to this thread then please do so by posting about possible bugs or things that don't work (beyond the "no network" boring posts of course). I am talking about serious bugs or the such. All other requests will from now on be deleted or moved if appropriate. I have no time to babysit anymore. Use the forum subsections.

Hello,

I want to ask if someone know which model of SATA/SAS controllers is supported in  6.2 ?  I have one LSI  9211-8i but its, not working. I want to migrate to  6.2 but first I tried it and install it on  other machine and see that controller is not working. System work perfect with integrated sata controlers, but its not working with 9211.  Or if someone can tell me how to integrate drivers for 9211 ?

Thanks,

Boris

25 minutes ago, BORoSA said:

Hello,

I want to ask if someone know which model of SATA/SAS controllers is supported in  6.2 ?  I have one LSI  9211-8i but its, not working. I want to migrate to  6.2 but first I tried it and install it on  other machine and see that controller is not working. System work perfect with integrated sata controlers, but its not working with 9211.  Or if someone can tell me how to integrate drivers for 9211 ?

Thanks,

Boris

~12 up ~23h ago i wrote about the new extra.lzma and 9211 is mentioned and i tested it myself with a it-mode flashed 9211-8i

jun's extra.lzma did not contain mpt2sas/mpt3sas

so if its just the lsi that is missing it should work with my extended extra.lzma, but as long as you are not keen to use hardware trancoding i dont see any gain, even more risks with the new loader and 918+ image

5 часов назад, modboxx сказал:

Anyone had a chance to test USB performance?  I connected an external to import a couple of mkv for hw acceleration testing and performance was miserable, 1-2mb.  

J3455M

Normal performance

usb_tr_speed.bmp

Huge thanks to @IG-88 for packaging the 9211 drivers! I have 2 of those cards I use for my array, but I am currently using a 2600k CPU, so it looks like it will be time to upgrade. I will do some testing with my current array disconnected and see how it all pans out and let everyone know the results.

No problem, it is people like you that make Synology lock down there systems and make it more difficult for us because you take advantage of there services they provide for paying customers. It is very easy to be able to get your own DDNS service for free, as well as the other services Synology offers. Why take advantage and ruin it for everyone?

6 hours ago, sersh said:

I don't need payed service from Synology, I only want to work hw transcoding on my J5005...

Again, hw acceleration needs a valid s/n. If you want to use it,  you can buy a cheap or used synology nas even it is not the same model. No one will share their vaild s/n to you.

1.03a2 seems to be working just fine on Supermicro X10SLM+-F with E3-1220v3.  Motherboard has 2 NIC ports and both are detected, LACP bond working.  No additional sata  or nic card, just onboard for now.  USB 3.0 ports work fine, was able to get over 100mbps transfer rate.

Videostation doesn't seem to work for some files, is that the transcoding issue?  I don't really intend on using that app, but I thought I'd test it.  DSM doesn't crash though, just some videos will not play.

So far it seems pretty good to me. Only have it up for a few hours but no random crashes or anything. Most of the things I tried are working.  Plex, AD integration, NIC Bonding.

I only have 1 spare disk for testing so I haven't tried making RAID arrays yet.

Anything other things I should be testing? I'm open for suggestions.

Edited by turbo21psi

3 hours ago, turbo21psi said:

1.03a2 seems to be working just fine on Supermicro X10SLM+-F with E3-1220v3.  Motherboard has 2 NIC ports and both are detected, LACP bond working.  No additional sata  or nic card, just onboard for now.  USB 3.0 ports work fine, was able to get over 100mbps transfer rate.

Videostation doesn't seem to work for some files, is that the transcoding issue?  I don't really intend on using that app, but I thought I'd test it.  DSM doesn't crash though, just some videos will not play.

So far it seems pretty good to me. Only have it up for a few hours but no random crashes or anything. Most of the things I tried are working.  Plex, AD integration, NIC Bonding.

I only have 1 spare disk for testing so I haven't tried making RAID arrays yet.

Anything other things I should be testing? I'm open for suggestions.

Did you test to see if Plex server transcoding was working? I can understand transcoding not working for Synology's built in apps, but having it not work for Plex would be an issue.

Plex transcoding is working. I forced playback to transcode and it was doing it. Got up to 3 streams before cpu is pegged at 100%. I'm not sure how accurate the cpu usage meter is, I feel like it shouldn't hit 100% on 3 transcodes.

The option for hardware acceleration doesn't seem to be available for the DSM installed plex server.

plexdsm.thumb.png.3d2912141fb00d6f4e8424a65180efc1.png

3 hours ago, turbo21psi said:

The option for hardware acceleration doesn't seem to be available for the DSM installed plex server.

Wouldn’t that be because the E3-1220v3 doesn’t have an iGPU? I was under the impression that you need a GPU of some sort to use hardware accelerated encoding.

4 hours ago, turbo21psi said:

Plex transcoding is working. I forced playback to transcode and it was doing it. Got up to 3 streams before cpu is pegged at 100%. I'm not sure how accurate the cpu usage meter is, I feel like it shouldn't hit 100% on 3 transcodes.

plexdsm.thumb.png.3d2912141fb00d6f4e8424a65180efc1.png

Awesome testing, thanks so much!