XPEnology Community

Progress of 6.2 loader

jun
Message added by Polanskiman

Let me get things straighten up here before this thread starts going sideways. This is the developper discussion room. Not a newbie forum to start asking for guides and whatnot. @jun hasn't even said anything about the loader he has uploaded to his repository. So I would advise self control. Also, to those in panic mode trying to make things work desperately please use your personal jugement and experience. If you want to have a positive contribution to this thread then please do so by posting about possible bugs or things that don't work (beyond the "no network" boring posts of course). I am talking about serious bugs or the such. All other requests will from now on be deleted or moved if appropriate. I have no time to babysit anymore. Use the forum subsections.

Let me get things straighten up here before this thread starts going sideways. This is the developper discussion room. Not a newbie forum to start asking for guides and whatnot. @jun hasn't even said anything about the loader he has uploaded to his repository. So I would advise self control. Also, to those in panic mode trying to make things work desperately please use your personal jugement and experience. If you want to have a positive contribution to this thread then please do so by posting about possible bugs or things that don't work (beyond the "no network" boring posts of course). I am talking about serious bugs or the such. All other requests will from now on be deleted or moved if appropriate. I have no time to babysit anymore. Use the forum subsections.

• Like 2

Hi,

I have managed to go through installation but on first restart after instalation there is kernel panic. I have the same crash if i try to install ds916 version (ds3615 and ds3617 are working fine). My hardware is bare-metal MSI N3150I ECO (Celeron N3150) with 4Gb of ram and 3TB HDD). Board is flashed with latest available bios. I have attached screenshot with log.

Screenshot from 2018-06-11 13-03-23.png

• Like 1

Installed fine on ESXi 6.5 on a Kaby Lake Xeon.

Tried setting up a VMWare NVMe virtual disk, but DSM does not recognize it for SSD Cache.  It can see it using the command line tools, however.  It may be an issue with an enforced approved equipment compatibility list.

Will poke around a bit and report back.

Cannot install on a drive on a secondary controller, but you probably knew that.  Also tried subbing a secondary/alternate controller on a running system, which also did not work.

The alpha tutorial indicates this, but the synoboot drive is not hidden (and you knew that too).

At some point if there are things you'd like the community to test, please post.  Bravo on a great alpha effort.

11 hours ago, korotkov said:

Installed on GA-Z270n-wifi working fine with G4560 and 1.03 bootloader.

Did you install bare metal ? Did you upgrade from DSM 6.1 ?

I´ve same CPU and nearly the same motherboard (your MB: GA-Z270n-wifi; my MB: Gigabyte GA-H270N-WIFI)

Edited by Guest
different motherboard

4 часа назад, sunshine сказал:

Did you install bare metal ? Did you upgrade from DSM 6.1 ?

I installed on bare metal with jun's bootloader 1.03a2. On clean SSD, it worked fine some time and i decided to migrate my hdds. Migration failed so I reinstalled DSM 6.2 and set up as new DS.

It works but I have some issues with spontaneously reboots. Example: I installed some packages and it reboots itself. Wanted to index all video files - > rebooted.

And restart/shutdown not working. only helps pushing button reboots

PS.: htop shows only one core.

P.S.S: added logs dir. hope it helps

logs.zip

Edited by korotkov

8 minutes ago, korotkov said:

I installed on bare metal. On clean SSD, it worked fine some time and i decided to migrate my hdds. Migration failed so I reinstalled DSM 6.2 and set up as new DS.

It works but I have some issues with spontaneously reboots. Example: I installed some packages and it reboots itself. Wanted to index all video files - > rebooted.

logs.zip

Hi,

I have the same issue with reboots, or the whole server going offline even if it's powered up with network lights working. I have test hw transcoding and it seem to be working but it the processor is not boosting, I have j4205 and it stays at 1.5 ghz.

17 минут назад, x01015918 сказал:

Hi,

I have the same issue with reboots, or the whole server going offline even if it's powered up with network lights working. I have test hw transcoding and it seem to be working but it the processor is not boosting, I have j4205 and it stays at 1.5 ghz.

I tried to test hardware transcoding and it is not working for me.

cat /usr/syno/etc/packages/VideoStation/codecs.conf

shows 

support_codec_h264="yes"

support_codec_vc1="yes"

support_codec_mpeg4part2="yes"

support_codec_aac="yes"

but when i try to open video thru VideoStation it shows error

also I didn't have this path to check activation of codecs /usr/syno/etc/codec/activation.conf 

Edited by korotkov

1 minute ago, korotkov said:

shows 

support_codec_h264="yes"

support_codec_vc1="yes"

support_codec_aac="yes"

I know from previous tries that you need original serial+mac, you can find some on google.

Il y a 1 heure, korotkov a dit :

shows 

support_codec_h264="yes"

support_codec_vc1="yes"

support_codec_aac="yes"

also I didn't have this path to check activation of codecs /usr/syno/etc/codec/activation.conf 

Hi,

I have a good SN & MAC , activation.conf {"success":true,"activated_codec":["h264_dec","h264_enc","mpeg4part2_dec","aac_dec","aac_enc","vc1_dec","vc1_enc","hevc_dec"],"token":"5xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1"}

But no HW transcoding h264 or hevc in Plex (i have plex pass) or Video station 

Any idea ?

THx

32 minutes ago, stefauresi said:

Hi,

I have a good SN & MAC , activation.conf {"success":true,"activated_codec":["h264_dec","h264_enc","mpeg4part2_dec","aac_dec","aac_enc","vc1_dec","vc1_enc","hevc_dec"],"token":"5xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1"}

But no HW transcoding h264 or hevc in Plex (i have plex pass) or Video station 

Any idea ?

THx

First you need to download the client from the web with plex pass active so you get the enable hw transcoding option, second you can force hw transcoding by disabling the direct play in player options

• Like 1

30 минут назад, stefauresi сказал:

Any idea ?

kernel: [  129.915482] i915: Unknown symbol acpi_lid_notifier_register (err 0)
kernel: [  129.915577] i915: Unknown symbol acpi_lid_notifier_unregister (err 0)
kernel: [  129.915600] i915: Unknown symbol acpi_lid_open (err 0)

i7-7700 is Kaby Lake

DS918+ Celeron J3455 is Apollo Lake

12 hours ago, korotkov said:

I installed on bare metal with jun's bootloader 1.03a2. On clean SSD, it worked fine some time and i decided to migrate my hdds. Migration failed so I reinstalled DSM 6.2 and set up as new DS.

logs.zip

ok, so da actual reboot problem was on 6.1.7, since the pat file has the same name like 6.2 I installed 6.1.7, 6.2 it is more stable in that regard, still sometimes the network don't work soft reboot. 

15 hours ago, stefauresi said:

Hi,

I migrated successfully bare metal 6.1.7 (DS3617xs) to 6.2 (DS918+)

I am curious how many drives you have in a volume and how many volumes.

My Specs for reference

P8Z68-V/GEN3 Motherboard

i7-2600k CPU @ 3.4Ghz

16GB RAM

2 x PERC H310 crossflashed to LSI-9211-8i IT Mode

7 x 3TB WD Red

4 x 4TB WD Red

All in a Rosewill 4U 15 bay chassis.

Currently on the 1.01 loader with DSM 6.1.7-15284

Edited by TWiST

Il y a 1 heure, TWiST a dit :

I am curious how many drives you have in a volume and how many volumes.

My Specs for reference

P8Z68-V/GEN3 Motherboard

i7-2600k CPU @ 3.4Ghz

16GB RAM

2 x PERC H310 crossflashed to LSI-9211-8i IT Mode

7 x 3TB WD Red

4 x 4TB WD Red

All in a Rosewill 4U 15 bay chassis.

Currently on the 1.01 loader with DSM 6.1.7-15284

Il y a 10 heures, painkiller895 a dit :

What motherborad and cpu are you using ?

I have 1 x PERC H310 cross flashed to LSI-9211-8i IT Mode but not recognized by DSM (no driver in loader 1.03a2....) :?:

I use 2 x 8Tb , 3 x 6Tb and 1 x SSD 850 Pro 256Gb ( Motherboard Sata controller )

I roll back to DS916+ 6.1.7 for HW transcoding (activation ok but no HW in Video station or Plex) :(

Edited by stefauresi
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, stefauresi said:

I have 1 x PERC H310 cross flashed to LSI-9211-8i IT Mode but not recognized by DSM (no driver in loader 1.03a2....) :?:

I use 2 x 8Tb , 3 x 6Tb and 1 x SSD 850 Pro 256Gb ( Motherboard Sata controller )

I roll back to DS916+ 6.1.7 for HW transcoding (activation ok but no HW in Video station or Plex) :(

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your info with us!

Edited by TWiST

[drm] Initialized i915  

[Sat Jun 16 13:14:33 2018] [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
[Sat Jun 16 13:14:33 2018] [drm] Memory usable by graphics device = 2048M
[Sat Jun 16 13:14:33 2018] [drm] Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 2 (21.10.2013).
[Sat Jun 16 13:14:33 2018] [drm] Driver supports precise vblank timestamp query.
[Sat Jun 16 13:14:33 2018] vgaarb: device changed decodes: PCI:0000:00:02.0,olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=io+mem:owns=io+mem
[Sat Jun 16 13:14:33 2018] ACPI: Video Device [GFX0] (multi-head: yes  rom: no  post: no)
[Sat Jun 16 13:14:33 2018] acpi device:09: registered as cooling_device4
[Sat Jun 16 13:14:33 2018] input: Video Bus as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/LNXVIDEO:00/input/input3
[Sat Jun 16 13:14:33 2018] [drm] Initialized i915 1.6.0 20160919 for 0000:00:02.0 on minor 0
[Sat Jun 16 13:14:33 2018] i915 0000:00:02.0: fb0: inteldrmfb frame buffer device

Hide  

918c.thumb.png.b7f4f890da39d69f29a8e7d6e97df6d0.png

My Specs for reference:

ASRock N3150DC-ITX

Jun v1.03а2

Hi,

Any Idea why scaling_driver is acpi-cpufreq and not INTEL_PSTATE? intel_pstate=enable don't work either.

Asrock J4205-ITX/Jun v1.03а2/6.2

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_driver
acpi-cpufreq

/sys/devices/system/cpu/intel_pstate: No such file or directory