XPEnology Community

Progress of 6.2 loader

jun
Message added by Polanskiman

Let me get things straighten up here before this thread starts going sideways. This is the developper discussion room. Not a newbie forum to start asking for guides and whatnot. @jun hasn't even said anything about the loader he has uploaded to his repository. So I would advise self control. Also, to those in panic mode trying to make things work desperately please use your personal jugement and experience. If you want to have a positive contribution to this thread then please do so by posting about possible bugs or things that don't work (beyond the "no network" boring posts of course). I am talking about serious bugs or the such. All other requests will from now on be deleted or moved if appropriate. I have no time to babysit anymore. Use the forum subsections.

• Polanskiman changed the title to Progress of 6.2 loader

Wow, great. Thanks a lot for this @jun.

Would be really nice if it would be possible to override the maxdisk option of the synoconfig as a parameter. A system-update otherwise is not possible with more than 12 disks (without a rebuild or a loss if more than 14 disks) .  (And maybe a disk-station-image with underlying GPU support would also be interesting). ... just dreaming...

But that would be just some plus-features :] 

so lets say thank you. any way to contribute (paypal ;-) )?

Thank you, and congratulations.

Is there a plan to update the reference hardware platform?  I note that a new 6.2 feature (NFS 4.1 multipathing) unrelated to the processor instruction set is only available for DSx16 systems and newer.