XPEnology Community

Abnormality detected on Server. All volumes have been unmounted.

milosv

Question

Guys,

What the hell happened?

I just tried to access the server and I couldn't. I logged into web menu and I got this message: Abnormality detected on Server. All volumes have been unmounted.

There is no volume on server anymore. How can I access data?

I did notice that automated DSM update occurred 2 days prior to this. Not sure if related. I just want to access my data, I can rebuild the volume/server if need be.

Any suggestions are welcome. Of course this occurs just as I was replacing my backup drives of the server so I have only 1 month old backup (backup drives are taking longer to arrive than expected)

3 answers to this question

I had the same issue.  I just did the DSM 5.2-5967 Update 7 update.  When it came back the volume was gone.  

I don't know what caused it.  Or if my USB stick was out of date, I could boot up that stick and see what version it was.  But on the off chance it was old and the new update doesn't like it I downloaded the latest 5.2 version from here: 

Put the new image on a new USB stick.  Powered down the box.  Put that stick in.  Booted up just as normal.  And when it came back up, the volume and everything was there.  So not sure if it was the version of USB stick, or it needed to be power cycled.  But that worked for me.

The

Thanks stevem,

I bit the bullet and restarted the machine and it worked fine after restart. I was just concerned that if I restart it might all be gone but in this instance a simple turn it on and off worked wonders. I guess the update really should've restarted the machine but for some reason it didn't.