XPEnology Community

Box froze up - Interface was unresponsive - Drives offline

fusiondust

Question

Seeking trouble shooting suggestions.

My box froze up last week.  NFS shares were still working but interface was unresponsive.  Successfully rebooted and it started RAID Scan (took 3 days).

Yesterday, apps installed on the box froze up.  Tried logging in and it gave a message that the hard drive was full and to reboot.  SSH'd onto the box and issued shutdown command.  Started back up with the same experience.  Rebooted, Jun's loader booted as expected but no HD lights after loaded and no network response.  Syno Assistant finds nothing.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

1 answer to this question

On 20/05/2018 at 6:13 PM, fusiondust said:

Seeking trouble shooting suggestions.

My box froze up last week.  NFS shares were still working but interface was unresponsive.  Successfully rebooted and it started RAID Scan (took 3 days).

Yesterday, apps installed on the box froze up.  Tried logging in and it gave a message that the hard drive was full and to reboot.  SSH'd onto the box and issued shutdown command.  Started back up with the same experience.  Rebooted, Jun's loader booted as expected but no HD lights after loaded and no network response.  Syno Assistant finds nothing.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

try a serial port/putty connection to check the full boot loader progress (if you mobo has a serial port). Also try a clean install on a spare hdd to check all your hardware. If thats all ok you could re-attach your raid drives together with the clean hdd and see if that repairs the dsm install on the raid