javivanco

Synology apps requiring a valid serial number

Posted (edited)

I have searching through the forum and apparently since DSM 6.1.2 a valid serial number is required to use some of the synology apps

Is someone maintaining a list of such apps? I have just installed Xpenology in a intel NUC and it's absolutely fantastic, but it a the apps I need are going to stop working I should move to other solutions, like OMV.

For the time being the apps which require a valid sn are:

-. Photo Station

-. Video Station

-. Audio Station

-. Quick connect

Some of them require a valid sn to transcode. Luckily I'm not using that ones nor quick connect.

The ones I really need and that for the time being are working for me with DSM 6.1.6 are:

CloudSync

USBCopy

CloudStation

Download Station

Transmission (there shouldn't be any problem with this one)

-. Any one is having problems due to non valid sn with those apps?

-. Any list of not working apps?

-. If I stop updating DSM but continue updating apps, those apps could stop working in the future? So it's recommended to stop updating DSM AND apps?

Regards:

J.A

Edited by javivanco

I use Photo Station regularly without any problems.  I've never done anything to make sure I have a valid serial number

when installing i ve used a SN provided by the generator in the procedure and all the apps mentionned are working perfectly fine.

but i confirm, you need a SN

• Thanks 1

On 8.6.2018 at 12:18 PM, plomkiolki said:

when installing i ve used a SN provided by the generator in the procedure and all the apps mentionned are working perfectly fine.

could you provide a link where to find this generator? could not find it with search...:37_disappointed:

On 6/8/2018 at 6:18 AM, plomkiolki said:

including quick connect?  

I'm using a photo station and download station and those are fine.  I get an error message when I tried to login for quickconnect.  "The system failed to perform the requested operation, there is an unkonwn error" 

could it have been corrupted as part of my load?