XPEnology Community

Volume needs to be rebuild after update: 2 disks missing

Question, i got the latest Jun's Loader v1.02b - DS3617xs loader. But everytime there is an update my setup has to rebuild because after the update there are 2 disks missing.

I have an 9 disk RAID 6 configuration and setup my SataportCFG etc to the config where its working. But after the update this is reset to default and i have to rebuild. Is there a  way to avoid this because its very annoying.

4 minutes ago, rikadoo said:

Question, i got the latest Jun's Loader v1.02b - DS3617xs loader. But everytime there is an update my setup has to rebuild because after the update there are 2 disks missing.

I have an 9 disk RAID 6 configuration and setup my SataportCFG etc to the config where its working. But after the update this is reset to default and i have to rebuild. Is there a  way to avoid this because its very annoying.

If you updating your existing boot drive (via control panel or manual .pat) that would usually retain your customised sataportcfg. How are you doing your updates? Also, what controllers are 'seen' with the default sataportcfg? you may be changing it and dont need to. 

1 minute ago, sbv3000 said:

If you updating your existing boot drive (via control panel or manual .pat) that would usually retain your customised sataportcfg. How are you doing your updates? Also, what controllers are 'seen' with the default sataportcfg? you may be changing it and dont need to. 

Always download manual in DSM en then i install it. I have 6 sataports on my motherboard and an M1015 SAS controller. I don`t know the exact drives that are not seen but i thought it was from my SAS card.

as you have <=12 drives then that is the standard 36xx config so no editing is normally necessary.

suggest you check your drive enumeration in dsm, looks like you have 14 sata ports (6 onboard+8sas), so the two 'missing' ones might be higher than the 12 default, and your sataport edit is forcing it to work

I would attach drives to internal sata 1-6 and check the physical port vs dsm storage manager drive number, then do the same for the channels on the sas controller. Once you know the first 9 channels use them.