XPEnology Community

deXPEnologing

sirius

Question

hi!

I don't think there are many people who have done this, but maybe I stumble upon one or two people.

I put together my XPEnology server before 6.0.. half a year or so (bad timing), knowing that it'll be smooth sailing from there on out. Expand the server as I see fit and when... I use it for other purposes as well. Labs and stuff, various servers.

But then 6.0 came... but Hyper-V support did not. I've waited a while and it seems it's either way too difficult, next to impossible or no one cares, because it's not really the popular choice when it comes to hypervisors. I'm still running on the ancient 5.2-5967 Update 6.

6.0 on Hyper-V seems to run a bit. It is able to boot at times.. without network, I'm unable to assign macs to NICs or something like that. Or unable to generate valid serialnumbers.. or both. Dunno really.

So the issue is. I'm planning to buy DS3617xs. My 6x8TB array (RAID6), running 5.2... what happens when I just place the drives in the Syno box? Will I blow up all my data? I don't have a buffer to store 23TB of stuff temporarily.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet