XPEnology Community

Alerting, UPS and power cut

Talisker

Hi all

I am the proud owner of a N54L. I'll connect an UPS within a few days.

I like to know if it was possible to have an alert when a power outage occured. Before the UPS will stop the Syno and when the power is restored.

I already tested a power outage, but the Synology does not send email. I believe that the modem/router was not ready and the Syno did not send the email. Is there possibility to configure send retry or a delay for some alert?

(PS : I tested alerting and it's work)

Thank you in advance for your help ans sorry for my poor english

Tal

I like to know if it was possible to have an alert when a power outage occured. Before the UPS will stop the Syno and when the power is restored.

I already tested a power outage, but the Synology does not send email. I believe that the modem/router was not ready and the Syno did not send the email. Is there possibility to configure send retry or a delay for some alert?

Not sure what you mean. From SDM 4.3 is user configurable to receive power issues alerts:

My email last time power was down:

"Estimado usuario,

El dispositivo UPS conectado a Qnojemm ha pasado al modo batería. Qnojemm se cerrará cuando la batería del dispositivo UPS se haya agotado. Apague Qnojemm manualmente o restaure la fuente de alimentación externa tan pronto como sea posible.

Atentamente,

Synology DiskStation"

When power was back:

"Estimado usuario,

El dispositivo UPS conectado a Qnojemm ha vuelto al modo AC.

Atentamente,

Synology DiskStation"