XPEnology Community

Incorrect RAM reported on Asus C60M1-I

mic-cosmos

Running on Jun's loader v1.02b and have DSM 6.1.6-15266 Update 1 installed. I've only had two issues: 1) incorrect RAM is reported. I've had 2x8GB installed and DSM reported 32GB. When I switched to 1x4GB DSM reported 8GB 2) DSM randomly crashes in that I can no longer get into the DSM GUI via IP in the browser. Pinging the IP still works. I'm going to try SSH next if that happens.

The Asus website says this mob only supports 8GB max. Maybe your 16GB installed has somehow upset the bios. Try a bios/cmos reset to defaults with 4GB. Also, AMD CPUs are not 'officially' supported with the 1.02b loader, you might be experiencing some quirks as a result. 

7 hours ago, mic-cosmos said:

Running on Jun's loader v1.02b and have DSM 6.1.6-15266 Update 1 installed. I've only had two issues: 1) incorrect RAM is reported. I've had 2x8GB installed and DSM reported 32GB. When I switched to 1x4GB DSM reported 8GB 2) DSM randomly crashes in that I can no longer get into the DSM GUI via IP in the browser. Pinging the IP still works. I'm going to try SSH next if that happens.

Not a bios issue as the BIOS reports 16 & 4 GB just fine. I get that AMD CPUs are not officially supported. I'm just wondering if anyone else who has this board has the issues or work-arounds? I'm suspecting that the incorrect RAM may be the reason that the system sometimes crashes. FWIW, I'm running the DS3617XS profile.