XPEnology Community

How to install/compile git package on DSM?

venzo92

Hello,

I have succesfully installed DSM 6.1.4 on a IoMega PX4-300D (Intel D525 Atom Dual Core CPU).

Everything works perfectly, except the fact that the little monitor on the front stays unused with iomega logo.

I've been searching for ways to get it to work and by looking around i've found this git:

https://github.com/Wireheadbe/lenovoEMC-300d

The guy managed to get the display working on a linux distro.

I've tried to fiddle around and so far i git cloned the release and managed to install imagemagick through ipkg,

but i'm unable to do the "make go" instruction as i cannot find build-essentials package.

Anyone has an idea on how to build the folder ums8485md and/or ways to make this to work?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 years later...
On 4/24/2018 at 2:35 AM, venzo92 said:

Hello,

I have succesfully installed DSM 6.1.4 on a IoMega PX4-300D (Intel D525 Atom Dual Core CPU).

Everything works perfectly, except the fact that the little monitor on the front stays unused with iomega logo.

I've been searching for ways to get it to work and by looking around i've found this git:

https://github.com/Wireheadbe/lenovoEMC-300d

The guy managed to get the display working on a linux distro.

I've tried to fiddle around and so far i git cloned the release and managed to install imagemagick through ipkg,

but i'm unable to do the "make go" instruction as i cannot find build-essentials package.

Anyone has an idea on how to build the folder ums8485md and/or ways to make this to work?

Thanks in advance!

hello sir
I am interested in your post. can you describe the steps to me. I thought it was time to replace the original firmware px4-300d after they stopped the service