XPEnology Community

Bricked HP MediaSmart EX470

lolo130

Hi Everyone,

I've a nightmare since couple of days and I'm not sure how bad I did damage my HP EX470 !!

Basically I've a HP EX470 running on AMD sempron 3400+ with 2GB Ram and ESD 256MB

I've decided to put Xpenology on it using the loader and after many digging on the forum I found the 6.1 MBR loader is the one that people kept saying it works good with AMD and I flashed that to my USB after modifying the VID/PID ... BUT my pc was going through kernel panic and freezes and basically hangs there not responding to anything I input  neither DEL nor ctrl+alt+del .. nothing at all !!

so I thought it's because of the USB flash drive ... so STUPID me decided to wipe the internal ESD via Acronis Disk Director booted via Hiren's USB boot and clone the xpenology USB contents including the partition table to the current ESD !!

I thought it will pass the power on self check BUT ... another kernel attack and I can't even do anything at all ... no access to bios settings or boot from external device or anything ..

I know loads of people will swear at me :( ,,but any help will be appreciated :) 

I've sorted the issue of my built-in drive 256mb and I've decided to replace the internal storage with another chip of 256mb and issue disappeared.

I need now a working loader with my AMD processor and what's last update I can go for ?

A quick reply will be appreciated

After all what i have tied so far of injecting the extra.izma and bzImage both at once and separately 2 different times both with loader JUN 1.0 with no success and no help either , please close the topic that is useless to have !

Perhaps you should read the FAQs before downloading whatever file you see. Everything is clearly mentioned there. There is also a topic with all available loaders that have been produced to this date.

As for you problem it seems a hardware problem. This doesn't look to be a problem with the loader. Maybe you can search in google if you find any hardware specific issue with your model. Also try a BIOS update if possible.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for your reply sir, but believe me I've read all FAQs before to post asking for help ... I'd tried all available loaders but nothing worked at all ... The device by itself was not faulty as it could boot from usb different things like live.linux and windows boot usb and linux.partedMagic etc. etc. .... only the loader didn't want to work.

I've binned that device now as it was really old and I'm running DELL Optiplex 7010 with Intel Core i5 2400 and 32G ram ... Thank you for the follow up and you can close this topic now