XPEnology Community

Help with running Jun Bootloader on HP Microserver N36l

Dipeshn

Firstly Hello, 

This is my first time posting but been on the forum reading through all the various  post people have put up,

I have now two Xpenology units, my first ever build is a HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3 - 1230 V2, 16GB Ram, and 4x 4TB WD Red drives in HW raid 5, and 120GB SSD boot drive 

and now my lower build is an HP ProLiant MicroServer N36L AMD, 8GB Ram , 2x 2TB 2x 4TB, 1x 120GB SSD  ( mainly want to use it for Time Machine Backups and iSCSI Target for my Blue iRIS NVR)

Im having issues setting up the system I'm running the latest Loader Jun V1.02b DS3617 all i have edited is mac and serial number and made a USB plugged it got the server to boot the image and it loads up saying open find.synology and decompressing linux and parsing ELF done and finally Booting the kernel, i have then tried searching for the unit using the url method and the MAC software and i can't find the NAS, i have disabled the NIC thats built in and purchased an Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PRO1000 Network Card CT PCIex which i saw on the Compatibility list thinking it must be a card issue, any idea of what could be causing this ?

As the N36 has an AMD cpu you will need to disable C1E support in the bios, also I would use the DS3615xs image. Not sure about the intel nic you've purchased but the inboard nic should work ok. You mention that you edited the Mac & SN, did you also set the USB'S VID & pid?

• Like 2

Dfds your a Star i was just reading another users issue where he disabled the C1E and C3 in bios and it worked, and just read your reply 

Yup that did the trick for sure im Back up and Running with both internal and the supported Intel one 

25 minutes ago, Dipeshn said:

Dfds your a Star i was just reading another users issue where he disabled the C1E and C3 in bios and it worked, and just read your reply 

Yup that did the trick for sure im Back up and Running with both internal and the supported Intel one 

Glad you're up & running.

• 3 weeks later...