XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.6-15266 flash drive fail

Dasoft

Question

Hello,

I would like to ask you for help. I have two same USB flashes with the same VID and PID. I created bootloader for booth drives and from one I installed  DSM 6.1.6-15266 without any problems. 

After them, i copied sam video files from my wedding. For a two days later  was turn off the electricity and original flash drive is bad. Can not write read anything. 

So I changed flash disc for other new one , which I created together with the bad disc but disk station cannot start. Bootloader is runnig fine     

Bootloader is  ds3617xs 6.1 Jun’s Mod V1.02a2

Thank you!                                                            

Edited by Dasoft

5 answers to this question

When you create a boot loader it will be the specific DSM version (15047 I think). when you upgrade DSM manually or through Control Panel it updates the boot loader with matching version.

So, if your boot loader is corrupted and you flash a new one, that will be 15047. You will need a spare hdd on which to install DSM (disconnect your raid disks) and upgrade it so that it 'writes back' the updates to the boot loader. You can then use that 'updated' loader to boot your system and it should be ok.

26 minutes ago, sbv3000 said:

When you create a boot loader it will be the specific DSM version (15047 I think). when you upgrade DSM manually or through Control Panel it updates the boot loader with matching version.

So, if your boot loader is corrupted and you flash a new one, that will be 15047. You will need a spare hdd on which to install DSM (disconnect your raid disks) and upgrade it so that it 'writes back' the updates to the boot loader. You can then use that 'updated' loader to boot your system and it should be ok.

This is perfect solution! I will try it and let you know! 

DMS is automatic downloaded from synology server where the last version is during Xpenology installed.

53 minutes ago, Dasoft said:

This is perfect solution! I will try it and let you know! 

DMS is automatic downloaded from synology server where the last version is during Xpenology installed.

Its recommended to disable automatic updates of DSM to stop 'unstable' (v XPE) versions being installed !

Good morning,

I'm trying it now and works it perfectly! All data and settings are fine.

I used the same PAT file as Xpenology has.

I disabled auto update and saved the current PAT file for case for the next flash disk fault.

Thank you so much!!!!!!