XPEnology Community

Tvheadend installation issues

Polanskiman

Anyone able to install tvheadend on 3615xs?

I tried the bromolow package linked here (https://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/27780?page=1&r=32060) but I keep getting a "Failed to run the package service." at the end of the installation.

Of course I have tried installing the version available from the Package Center from the SynoCommunity but that one seems to be old (v3.4.27-6).

Thanks.

• Polanskiman changed the title to Tvheadend installation issues

Hi @Polanskiman

I have not installed TVHeadend before but was looking to do the same thing in the near future with an Silicondust HDHomeRun. What is the capture device you are using. I was going to consider using TVHeadend in Docker since the HDHomeRun is over Ethernet (not PCI-E). If you're doing something similar the docker deployment might be a reasonable alternative. I also find the Docker containers seem to get reasonable maintenance.

On 3/31/2018 at 12:17 PM, Huberer said:

Some weeks ago, I‘ve installed Tvheadend (testing version) from here:

http://syno.dierkse.nl/

It worked good.

Thanks. I also tried that one. The problem is after installation my credentials are not accepted for some reason and I really don't want to waste my time looking into why something that is supposed to work doesn't. So I ditched that version and installed the one I linked in the OP which also doesn't work but with a different problem...

17 hours ago, shrabok said:

I have not installed TVHeadend before but was looking to do the same thing in the near future with an Silicondust HDHomeRun. What is the capture device you are using. I was going to consider using TVHeadend in Docker since the HDHomeRun is over Ethernet (not PCI-E). If you're doing something similar the docker deployment might be a reasonable alternative. I also find the Docker containers seem to get reasonable maintenance.

Thanks. Yes docker is an alternative but I want to avoid that. I do not use docker and don't want to start using it. I want to keep my Box setup as simple as possible. I am in contact with the devs of tvheadend. Let's see what comes out. I will share the outcome here.

As for HDHomeRun unfortunately I did look into those but they are pricy and not available in my region. I do not have a tuner yet so still looking for one that can do DVB-T2 at a reasonable (in fact cheap) price!

@Polanskiman

which version did you try from the link I've posted? The bromolow or x86? I can't remember which one I've installed on my Asrock H110M-ITX with Intel Pentium G4560 (DS916+ bootloader) but it worked without any problems. I've installed tvheadend only for testing purposes because at this time I didn't have Sat>IP-Receiver (I can recommend Digibit R1 with alternative firmware). Now I run TVHeadend on my OMV-Server with PCIe-Sat-cards (2x DVBSky S952v3)

15 minutes ago, Huberer said:

which version did you try from the link I've posted? The bromolow or x86? I can't remember which one I've installed on my Asrock H110M-ITX with Intel Pentium G4560 (DS916+ bootloader) but it worked without any problems. I've installed tvheadend only for testing purposes because at this time I didn't have Sat>IP-Receiver (I can recommend Digibit R1 with alternative firmware). Now I run TVHeadend on my OMV-Server with PCIe-Sat-cards (2x DVBSky S952v3)

I installed the one corresponding to the loader version I am using, meaning bromolow.

Try to use the x86 version. I also had to try two different versions to get it work.
Even you don‘t like it. Tvheadend under docker is a good alternative because TVH runs in a closed system and can‘t break your DSM

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

http://syno.dierkse.nl/

had a bug when wrong user was used to start service, don't remember right now but in start-stop-script wrong user was referenced, non existing/created user. Other then that it works ok. I've been using it for few years now.

Edited by seba