jensmander

XPEnology Tool for Windows x64

I cannot download the Tool. Do you have another way to download. I attached the error I received.

image.png.cbdd1cfd329fffb9eb4b75597090a18d.png 

Thank you

22 hours ago, Ultimate said:

Is this project open source ?

What do you mean? The simple exe which contains a collection freeware tools and download links? No, it’s not.

Yes, the simple compiled exe that can be still harmful, even if anti-maleware does not detect it. #NoOffense

18 hours ago, Ultimate said:

Yes, the simple compiled exe that can be still harmful, even if anti-maleware does not detect it. #NoOffense

If you have any doubts just don't use it!

btw: for my feeling your question and your doubt is offensive.

@Ultimate would you feel safer if @jensmander provided checksum / hash values for his compilation?

That way you can check to see if you have a legit version of this nice (and safe) tool, with no added malware from unknown sources.

Thanks @jensmander for the wonderful tool!

I'm new into Xpenology, and would want to try with bootloader 1.04b and DSM 6.22

I understand that it would be probably easier to start with bootloader 1.02b and DSM 6.17, but I'd like, for security reasons, to stay on the latest releases.

In this regard.. any hope you'll update your tool in order to support DSN918+ SN generation ?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, ilgrank said:

any hope you'll update your tool in order to support DSN918+ SN generation ?

The serial generator is not my code nor did I write the program. So you’ll to use either the supplied serial in the synoboot.img or search the web for images of a 918+.

Hi

I've found plenty of DS918+ serial pics, but using someone else's serial won't damage the original user? (ie: having two persons with the same serial won't lead to Syno banning one of them?)

...aaaanyways, Installed successfully on an Asrock J4105 ITX, works perfectly, but I have a question:  After installing and the 10 minute countdown, DSM did not start successfully a couple of times. After that, it did start successfully all the successive times. Is this normal? (I tried connecting a VGA monitor, but apart from JUN's message about the happy hacking thing, nothing is displayed so I don't know what stopped DSM from booting)

On 7/25/2019 at 11:15 AM, ilgrank said:

...aaaanyways, Installed successfully on an Asrock J4105 ITX, works perfectly, but I have a question:  After installing and the 10 minute countdown, DSM did not start successfully a couple of times. After that, it did start successfully all the successive times. Is this normal? (I tried connecting a VGA monitor, but apart from JUN's message about the happy hacking thing, nothing is displayed so I don't know what stopped DSM from booting)

Hi ilgrank
Did you successfully install the the DS918+ image with an already used S/N and is hw transcoding working? 
Did you also assign specific MAC addresses to your NICs?

44 minutes ago, mattail said:

Hi ilgrank
Did you successfully install the the DS918+ image with an already used S/N and is hw transcoding working? 
Did you also assign specific MAC addresses to your NICs?

This is getting off topic. This thread is for disscussing the tool. Please search the forum regarding this issue or create a new topic.Thank you.

Hi,

I notice that Bitdefender will not scan this Xpenology Tool.exe due to it being "password protected" yet no password is required to run it.

Can the Author please provide the password or advise why it has been designed to block AV screening?

We had this question before and I will not post the password for this here. The tool is not designed to "block av screening". It injects no malware or any other harmful stuff like DLL hijacking.

If you feel uncomfortable with it leave it or take your time and code a tool by yourself.

• Like 2

thank you very much, this tool was really helpful for a new user like myself

I downloaded the tool and it's files, but when I open the 1.4.2 app I cant see the green tabs on the bottom like the screen shots on OP. I running windows 10. The exit button is clickable but that's it. Thanks