XPEnology Community

XPEnology Tool for Windows x64

jensmander

On 7/9/2018 at 9:42 PM, jensmander said:

You have to select the desired model from the drop down list and click on "Generate".

I have a new vanila install of windows 7 and i too do not get anything generated when i select any of the models of nas.

I have installed the Win7 rollup, .net4 and c++ vb updates to see if they made any difference, but no matter what i try, i get nothing when clicking the generate button.

I am also running it as Administrator.

I understand this is a port of the html version off the site, If so what program was it ported in? maybe there is an update or something else that i need to install?

I am running as a VM, not sure if thats anything to do with it.

if i originally click the Generate button and stay over it, it does not seem to depress until i move off the button area. after that it depresses fine, but never displays the serial.

I can use the online version, so not the end of the world. :)

Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 15.25.39.png

• 3 months later...

WIth the Xpenology_Tool_V142_Software pack, am I suppose to just extract those and run?

OSFMountPortable cannot be started from the launcher/shortcut, 

app\appinfo\launcher\OSFMountPortable.ini could not be found. 
(This one runs fine from the sub dir)

Notepad++ cannot be started from the launcher/shortcut, 

app\appinfo\appinfo.ini could not be found. 
(This one runs fine from the sub dir)

DSAssistant.exe cannot be started from the launcher/shortcut, 

Unexpected exception in RelaunchUsingCreateProcess

(no exe in sub dir)

Win32DiskImager has no launcher no exe in sub dir. 

MiniTool Partition Wizard 10 has no luanhcher but runs fine from the sub dir.  (Trying to launch this tool from the 

142.exe package gives error (see the previous reply)). 

Win 10 20H2

Edited by rynaxrynax

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the great tool!

Successful created the pendrive with a DS3617XS and 1.03b, it boots BUT doesn't connect to the network.

I used this HP Compaq 8200 Elite Convertible Minitower PC before as a Xpenology box (DS3615XS with 1.02b), would like to give it to one of my friend.

If I'm booting from an Ubuntu pendrive, it able to connect to the network, so I think it is not cards fault.

Also tried DS3615XS with 1.02b with the same results.

What did I do wrong?

On 4/18/2021 at 4:32 PM, Zsolo said:

Thanks for the great tool!

Successful created the pendrive with a DS3617XS and 1.03b, it boots BUT doesn't connect to the network.

I used this HP Compaq 8200 Elite Convertible Minitower PC before as a Xpenology box (DS3615XS with 1.02b), would like to give it to one of my friend.

If I'm booting from an Ubuntu pendrive, it able to connect to the network, so I think it is not cards fault.

Also tried DS3615XS with 1.02b with the same results.

What did I do wrong?

May I ask a little help, please?

• 5 months later...

Hi, thanks for your tools they're very helpful.

You might want to check Wake Me On LAN from Nirsoft.

It can replace SoftPerfect Network Scanner with a much simpler and more lightweight tool, it works very well. It also allows testing of WOL packets too, so its got an extra string to its bow.

• 4 weeks later...

Possible virus warning. Not an expert but my Eset Antivirus went off immediately after starting the 1.04b loader that the Xpenology Tool provided via its automated link. Eset said something like malicious attack warning and ARC attack warning - blocked. Not sure if false alarm or not but I went back to the initial email I got from Xpenology.org and used the download links in the email instead and this time no warnings. Not sure why. 

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,
I installed Xpenology succesfully on a ACER easystore H340 with the help of a video of Hetman (How to Reanimate an Old NAS Acer H340. How to Install Synology DSM to Any PC, XPEnology Bootloader - YouTube) and your helpfull tools. Thanks for that. 
The installation seems succesfull  but I ran into 2 strange issues; maybe you can help.
1.When I shut down the server from my laptop  it shuts down but immediately reboots; so the only way to really shut it down is pressing the power button for longer time.
How can this be?
2. Without the usb bootloader in the server  it doesnot boot but displays "no OS found" on a display plugged into the server.  Does the boatlader  have to stay plugged into the server or is something wrong?  there are some  bad sectors discovered on the primary disk of the server found by Synology. 
I hope you can help me out or know where to look for some answers.
Thanks in advance.  Cheers Willem

• 9 months later...