XPEnology Community

XPEnology Tool for Windows x64

jensmander

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Ultimate said:

Yes, the simple compiled exe that can be still harmful, even if anti-maleware does not detect it. #NoOffense

If you have any doubts just don't use it!

btw: for my feeling your question and your doubt is offensive.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks @jensmander for the wonderful tool!

I'm new into Xpenology, and would want to try with bootloader 1.04b and DSM 6.22

I understand that it would be probably easier to start with bootloader 1.02b and DSM 6.17, but I'd like, for security reasons, to stay on the latest releases.

In this regard.. any hope you'll update your tool in order to support DSN918+ SN generation ?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, ilgrank said:

any hope you'll update your tool in order to support DSN918+ SN generation ?

The serial generator is not my code nor did I write the program. So you’ll to use either the supplied serial in the synoboot.img or search the web for images of a 918+.

...aaaanyways, Installed successfully on an Asrock J4105 ITX, works perfectly, but I have a question:  After installing and the 10 minute countdown, DSM did not start successfully a couple of times. After that, it did start successfully all the successive times. Is this normal? (I tried connecting a VGA monitor, but apart from JUN's message about the happy hacking thing, nothing is displayed so I don't know what stopped DSM from booting)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 11:15 AM, ilgrank said:

...aaaanyways, Installed successfully on an Asrock J4105 ITX, works perfectly, but I have a question:  After installing and the 10 minute countdown, DSM did not start successfully a couple of times. After that, it did start successfully all the successive times. Is this normal? (I tried connecting a VGA monitor, but apart from JUN's message about the happy hacking thing, nothing is displayed so I don't know what stopped DSM from booting)

Hi ilgrank
Did you successfully install the the DS918+ image with an already used S/N and is hw transcoding working? 
Did you also assign specific MAC addresses to your NICs?

44 minutes ago, mattail said:

Hi ilgrank
Did you successfully install the the DS918+ image with an already used S/N and is hw transcoding working? 
Did you also assign specific MAC addresses to your NICs?

This is getting off topic. This thread is for disscussing the tool. Please search the forum regarding this issue or create a new topic.Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wish I had started with THE TOOL.  After I found it, it took me about 15 minutes from downloading the tool...  to login to my Xpenology NAS.  Had a bit of a driver issue with my Realtek NIC, but the Tool sure made it easier to modify and create the correct bootloader to finally solve the network problem.

Kudos and Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...