XPEnology Community

Transfer speed goes from 90 MB/s to 0 and diskstation dies

Kallewirsch

Question

I had a crash on two disks in a JBOD configuration and the volume went corrupt. I removed all disks, replaced the corrupt ones with newer 2TB disks and created 2 Raid 5 groups. One consisting out of 3x 2TB and one out of 1x 1.5TB and 2x 1TB. Consistency check was performed and the two volumes were filled from other NAS which needed an upgrade. No degradation in write speed or similar, holds now 5TB of data.

All was okay before the crash and experience was the same, speed going within seconds from 90MB/s to 0 and NAS became irresponsive. At that point in time I thought of disk issues.

I'm away for the next week but will try to check. Any suggestion or help is appreciated.

2 answers to this question

whats the hardware (board, psu) and software version

run a ram test (any live linux with a ram test in bootloader), check psu sizing, swap psu

do test with local copying from one raid to the other (to exclude nic)

check logs after a such crash

Edited by IG-88

Thanks, back from vacation. Memtest runs okay, internal copy as well, external copy still dies. I would assume NIC is not working properly. Taking data out via usbshare. Thanks for the tips.

Added new network card and access to files is now also possible via network. Thanks again.

Edited by Kallewirsch