XPEnology Community

NAS Reset Button

Xepnewbie2018

Has anyone develop a script to simulate the "reset button" functionality ? I ran into some issues last night after the parity checked finished and was not able to login back into it. After many tries and several recommendations online I decided to start from scratch again.....there was no data  in the drives yet as I was still testing....but I wonder if a "reset button" script would have been helpful...thanks in advance!!!

12 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

Reset button=reinstall. Simply reinstalling DSM will have the same effect.

I thought "reset" would let you keep the media/files untouched. a re-install will wipe the drive clean. Am I correct, similar to factory reset.

I would also appreciate there can be a true "reset" button. 

Edited by tigs

I thought "reset" would let you keep the media/files untouched. a re-install will wipe the drive clean. Am I correct, similar to factory reset.  

I would also appreciate there can be a true "reset" button.

Wrong.

tigs...... good point.... then probably a good idea to have one

Reinstalling does not wipe any personal files. It never has. It only reinstalls DSM on the system partition. It can even give you the option of keep configuration settings. Your data is on a separate partition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Polanskiman said:

Reinstalling does not wipe any personal files. It never has. It only reinstalls DSM on the system partition. It can even give you the option of keep configuration settings. Your data is on a separate partition.

this is great to know. thanks

Edited by tigs