XPEnology Community

Photo station and Moments (DSM 6.2)

George

Question...

Does Photo station and the new Moments (6.2 beta at the moment) leave the photos you drop into folders where you dropped them (and leave original name in place), and simply build up a file name / tag index in the back ground.

Remember some MP3 systems in the pat on another platform actually moved the mp3's which messed things up badly.

looking at feature, with my more disk space and consolidating everything onto my new XPenology this is a package I'm keen on exploring,

G

In Photo Station, pictures are left in the folders you have created. File names are not changed, as far as I know. At least not in the instance I have installed.

I recommend you use DSM account system if Photo Station will be used only by DSM users. Else use the Photo Station account system. Spend time configuring Photo Station properly. It can be tricky and not all that user friendly but when it works it works.

• 7 months later...

I have a question as well about photo station.

I do have drive package so the folders are sync all over my PCs. I really love that feature of the synology. My quostion is can I link somehow photo station to the drive's pictures folder? I do not want to have same photos in two different applications. It will consume 2x of my storage.

Sorry for being sidetracked. I have a problem with Moments.  It used to be working good, but in recent month the moments stop classifying photos.  I realise the most updated photo being tagged are back in May 2018 (photo taken date). Then I clear the moment db and reindex everything, turns out it only tag one single photo (as child).

I have tested to add some more child photo and moments do tag them successfully, but not other categories.  

Face recognition do work as expected.  I am not sure if it is a loader problem or synology problem. Thank you.

I am using 1.03b loader and DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 1 under ESXi 6.7.  

It seems to me that the issue is related to the following update.

Version: 1.2.0-0638

(2018-05-24)

Integrated Intel Computer Vision SDK to facilitate image recognition performance on Synology NAS that has Intel processors from x15 series onwards.

I guess that the synology were not given access to cpu's intel graphic card and thus the SDK does not work at all.

Edited by mcdull

On 11/18/2018 at 8:29 PM, mcdull said:

It seems to me that the issue is related to the following update.

Version: 1.2.0-0638

(2018-05-24)

Integrated Intel Computer Vision SDK to facilitate image recognition performance on Synology NAS that has Intel processors from x15 series onwards.

I guess that the synology were not given access to cpu's intel graphic card and thus the SDK does not work at all.

Thanks for the insight!  I haven't had any subjects detected except "children" ever, but I only got an Intel Xpenology this summer, and before that I was using an ARM Synology which didn't support subject detection.  So the timeline makes sense.

Anyway, I just downgraded my package to https://archive.synology.com/download/Package/spk/SynologyMoments/1.1.2-0511/ and am currently re-indexing, will update with my results!

Update: That did the trick!  I now have 28 categories and it's still indexing :)

Edited by cyberwitch

9 hours ago, cyberwitch said:

Thanks for the insight!  I haven't had any subjects detected except "children" ever, but I only got an Intel Xpenology this summer, and before that I was using an ARM Synology which didn't support subject detection.  So the timeline makes sense.

Anyway, I just downgraded my package to https://archive.synology.com/download/Package/spk/SynologyMoments/1.1.2-0511/ and am currently re-indexing, will update with my results!

Update: That did the trick!  I now have 28 categories and it's still indexing :)

Could you share your computer, particularly the cpu info by running..

cat /proc/cpuinfo ?

17 hours ago, mcdull said:

Could you share your computer, particularly the cpu info by running..

cat /proc/cpuinfo ?

Sure, it's an unmodified HP Proliant N54L with AMD Turion processor:

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo 
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family	: 16
model		: 6
model name	: AMD Turion(tm) II Neo N54L Dual-Core Processor
stepping	: 3
cpu MHz		: 2200.000
cache size	: 1024 KB
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 5
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow nopl pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt nodeid_msr hw_pstate npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
bogomips	: 4392.97
TLB size	: 1024 4K pages
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 64
address sizes	: 48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate

processor	: 1
vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family	: 16
model		: 6
model name	: AMD Turion(tm) II Neo N54L Dual-Core Processor
stepping	: 3
cpu MHz		: 2200.000
cache size	: 1024 KB
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 5
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow nopl pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt nodeid_msr hw_pstate npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
bogomips	: 4392.97
TLB size	: 1024 4K pages
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 64
address sizes	: 48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate

Hope this helps others!

• 1 month later...

I have a little bit more detail.

In moments version 1.1.2-0511, everything was fine.  Face, subject, place, etc.

In moments version from 1.2.0-0638, facial recognization and place works fine.

In moments version 1.3.0-0691, only place works.

I looked in the package file, and suspect the following change may account for the difference.

in 1.3.0 Under package\models\concept\detector, there are 5 files.

cpu_model.bin

cpu_model.xml

gpu_model.bin

gpu_model.xml

model.pb

cpu_model.??? were introduced in 1.2.0-0638 (so may explain the break of subject recognition)

gpu_model.??? were introduced in 1.3.0-0691 (or 1-2 version earlier that may explain the break of facial detection)

My xpenology box is builted under ESXi with E3-1275v2 (sandy bridge), thus, there is NO intel GPU visible to the DSM.

However, I have no clue on the xml.  Hope there are experts that can help to force software calculation.

cpu_model.xml

gpu_model.xml

My Bad.  The latest version still able to recognize faces.  Just that it will not show up until finish the entire database.

Subject recognition is still the same as before, only Child being recognized.  Photo assistant never returns a result, but it will suggest similar pictures.

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 60
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
stepping        : 3
microcode       : 0x19
cpu MHz         : 3400.000
cache size      : 3072 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
apicid          : 0
initial apicid  : 0
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmo pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdt scp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc ap erfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 sdbg fma cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm abm arat invpcid_single pln pts dtherm retpoline tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid xsaveopt

So I´ve been having the same problem that only places is being indexed and everything else remains "indexing" as displayed on the web but in fact the sevice stopped.

Above is my cpuinfo. I´m currently running a DS918+ build with Jun´s Loader 1.04

The last few lines of /var/log/synophoto.log show that an error occures but I´m not able to identify what´s really going on. Any ideas ?

2019-01-24T09:49:21+01:00 iDisk synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/daemon/task-center/plugin-monitor/sended_task_queue_base.cpp:77 Plugin         Monitor timeout restart Plugin pkg-SynologyMoments-concept
2019-01-24T09:49:21+01:00 iDisk synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/daemon/task-center/plugin-monitor/sended_task_queue.cpp:93 Plugin wake         up pkg-SynologyMoments-concept, clean task
2019-01-24T09:49:21+01:00 iDisk synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/daemon/task-center/plugin-monitor/sended_task_queue.cpp:96 Delete task         user_id 1, unit_id 3899, type 6
2019-01-24T09:49:21+01:00 iDisk synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/daemon/task-center/plugin-monitor/sended_task_queue.cpp:96 Delete task         user_id 1, unit_id 3900, type 6
2019-01-24T09:49:21+01:00 iDisk synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/daemon/task-center/plugin-monitor/sended_task_queue.cpp:96 Delete task         user_id 1, unit_id 3901, type 6
2019-01-24T09:49:21+01:00 iDisk synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/daemon/task-center/plugin-monitor/sended_task_queue.cpp:96 Delete task         user_id 1, unit_id 3902, type 6
2019-01-24T09:49:21+01:00 iDisk synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/daemon/task-center/plugin-monitor/sended_task_queue.cpp:96 Delete task         user_id 1, unit_id 3904, type 6
2019-01-24T09:49:21+01:00 iDisk synophoto-concept: /source/synophoto-plugin-detection/src/detection/plugin.cpp:21 detection plugin init
2019-01-24T09:49:22+01:00 iDisk synophoto-concept: uncaught thread task exception /source/synophoto/src/daemon/plugin/plugin_worker.cpp:102 plugin         init failed: /var/packages/SynologyMoments/target/usr/lib/libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so
2019-01-24T09:49:22+01:00 iDisk synophoto-concept: /source/synophoto-plugin-detection/src/detection/plugin.cpp:21 detection plugin init
2019-01-24T09:49:22+01:00 iDisk synophoto-concept: uncaught thread task exception /source/synophoto/src/daemon/plugin/plugin_worker.cpp:102 plugin         init failed: /var/packages/SynologyMoments/target/usr/lib/libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so
2019-01-24T09:49:22+01:00 iDisk synophoto-concept: /source/synophoto-plugin-detection/src/detection/plugin.cpp:21 detection plugin init

**Update** I just did a downgrade as cyberwitch suggested to version Moments 1.1.2-0511 and started a re-indexing. As of now the first categories and the people ablum are being populated. So one of the updates broke the detection. 

Edited by Designator
Additional info added

Woo... I got it solved.!!!!! 

thanks for @Designator to tell me that he got the same issue while he got a new CPU.

Then I looked into others set up again and checked the log.

/run/synophoto/concept.socket] construct failed: connect: Connection refused  

This line drew my attention and I believe it is all related to the setting of hypervisors.

It seems that the software tried to connected to something that failed.. which is in terms of sockets.

It turns out to be the "NUMBER OF CORES" has to match with the identified CPU.  I always assign 2 cores in previous setting. Now, with 4 cores, subjects now popping out real fast.!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, mcdull said:

If that is the case, it is not a CPU generation problem.  And how you set up your box? using Esxi or bare metal?

I´m using a baremetal install on a "Asrock B85M-ITX" with in Intel i3-4130

5 hours ago, mcdull said:

Woo... I got it solved.!!!!! 

thanks for @Designator to tell me that he got the same issue while he got a new CPU.

Then I looked into others set up again and checked the log.

/run/synophoto/concept.socket] construct failed: connect: Connection refused  

This line drew my attention and I believe it is all related to the setting of hypervisors.

It seems that the software tried to connected to something that failed.. which is in terms of sockets.

It turns out to be the "NUMBER OF CORES" has to match with the identified CPU.  I always assign 2 cores in previous setting. Now, with 4 cores, subjects now popping out real fast.!!!!!!!!

Mhh the DS918+ has 4 cores instead of 2 like my Intel CPU.

I had a look at my logs again and there´s exactly the same error you mentioned. But I´m unable to change physical cores, any ideas ?

#cat /var/log/synophoto.log | grep socket

2018-08-13T13:51:47+02:00 iDisk synophoto-bin-sdk-plugin: /source/synophoto/src/lib/io/channel.cpp:73 channel[/run/synophoto/task-center.socket] construct failed: connect: No such file or directory
2018-08-13T13:51:48+02:00 iDisk synophoto-bin-sdk-plugin: /source/synophoto/src/lib/io/channel.cpp:73 channel[/run/synophoto/task-center.socket] construct failed: connect: No such file or directory

Edited by Designator

14 minutes ago, mcdull said:

One possible solution is to put everything into VM, your CPU is 2 cores 2 HT, so it could be set as 4 vcpu under ESXi.

If you have HT disabled, please enable it first on your baremetal.

That´s not an option right now as my cpu is not compatible with Intel VT-d. So I wouldn´t be able to passthrough my disks.

I have checked that 3615xs is also a dual core cpu with HT.  So enabling HT may already solve your problem.  please see cat /proc/cpuinfo if you got 4 cpu cores picked up.

4 minutes ago, Designator said:

That´s not an option right now as my cpu is not compatible with Intel VT-d. So I wouldn´t be able to passthrough my disks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 9:01 AM, Designator said:

**Update** I just did a downgrade as cyberwitch suggested to version Moments 1.1.2-0511 and started a re-indexing. As of now the first categories and the people ablum are being populated. So one of the updates broke the detection. 

How did you downgrade the package?  Did you have to uninstall and reinstall Moments?

8 minutes ago, Dfds said:

Yes you'll have to uninstall & then download & manually install the older version.

I must be missing something because I am now running the older version, I have a valid serial number so my video conversion is working fine and I have set the VM to 1 CPU with 4 cores.  Subjects,Tags and Places are working but People isn't. 

I see this in the logs:

2019-02-02T15:25:51+00:00 vm synophoto-face-extraction: /source/synophoto-plugin-face/src/face_plugin/main.cpp:27 face plugin shutdown
2019-02-02T15:25:51+00:00 vm synophoto-face-extraction: /source/synophoto/src/daemon/plugin/plugin_worker.cpp:121 process error: /source/opencv3-contrib/modules/dnn/src/layers/op_blas.cpp:117: error: (-215) The following error occured while making forward() for layer "": Acols == Brows && Arows == Crows && Bcols == Ccols in function gemmCPU
2019-02-02T15:25:51+00:00 vm synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/lib/io/channel.cpp:73 channel[/run/synophoto/face-extraction.socket] construct failed: connect: No such file or directory

DSM cpuinfo shows:

Spoiler

processor       : 0
model           : 63
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz
stepping        : 2
microcode       : 0x3c
cpu MHz         : 3570.231
cache size      : 15360 KB
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 4
apicid          : 0
initial apicid  : 0
cpuid level     : 15
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm arat invpcid_single retpoline fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 invpcid xsaveopt
bugs            : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2
bogomips        : 7140.46
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes   : 43 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

processor       : 1
core id         : 1
apicid          : 1
initial apicid  : 1
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm arat invpcid_single retpoline fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 invpcid xsaveopt
power management:

processor       : 2
core id         : 2
apicid          : 2
initial apicid  : 2
power management:

processor       : 3
core id         : 3
apicid          : 3
initial apicid  : 3
power management:

Edited by hshah