XPEnology Community

Xpenology 6.1 on Oracle VM

vascorey

Dear friends,

I installed Xpenology (DSM 6.1 with Jun's 1.02a loader) on an Oracle VM and all is working fine.

However, I can only gain access to DSM if I am connected by cable and bridge the Cable connection  - if I try to bridge the Wifi connection it does not work.

Do you have any idea on whether it is possible to bridge networking using WiFi (and therefore ditching the cable)? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Vasco

Hi Vasco,

are your referring to OVM as the server hypervisor or to OVM desktop hypervisor which is actually Virtualbox.

I found for my install/network I needed a Bridge for access from external, a NAT for my Xpenology to get external access to be able to get to the Synology package store and a local only network for my to get onto the NAS locally for admin, know messy, but it's what was needed in network/security architecture.

G

On 3/6/2018 at 11:18 PM, vascorey said:

Dear friends,

I installed Xpenology (DSM 6.1 with Jun's 1.02a loader) on an Oracle VM and all is working fine.

However, I can only gain access to DSM if I am connected by cable and bridge the Cable connection  - if I try to bridge the Wifi connection it does not work.

Do you have any idea on whether it is possible to bridge networking using WiFi (and therefore ditching the cable)? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Vasco

I don't know how your internal network is configured but yes it is possible. That's what I do when testing loaders and I don't have cable access. I simply leave the Bridge Adapter but chose the Wifi instead of the Ethernet port. That's all. Make sure not to un-tick "Cable connected". That is just a generic term to say that you want connectivity else it wont work.