XPEnology Community

Install DSM on Intel® Desktop Board D510MO

Xepnewbie2018

Hello Xepnology Community....I am very enthusiastic about leaning and testing out this platform. I am having issues installing it into a fan-less Intel motherboard Intel® Desktop Board D510MO. I have tried out 3 different flash drives thinking that there might an issue with it, but still no luck. I went ahead and try another motherboard setup with the same 3 flash drives and it worked, so i can take the flash drive out of the equation. I have done some reading thru the forum but didn't find anyone else with the same motherboard in question. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

https://ark.intel.com/products/42645/Intel-Desktop-Board-D510MO

9 hours ago, Xepnewbie2018 said:

Hello Xepnology Community....I am very enthusiastic about leaning and testing out this platform. I am having issues installing it into a fan-less Intel motherboard Intel® Desktop Board D510MO. I have tried out 3 different flash drives thinking that there might an issue with it, but still no luck. I went ahead and try another motherboard setup with the same 3 flash drives and it worked, so i can take the flash drive out of the equation. I have done some reading thru the forum but didn't find anyone else with the same motherboard in question. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Looking at the spec the hardware should be ok, but it would help if you could describe more what you mean by 'no luck'. Are you seeing it boot ok but not found on lan, could be the nic. If its not booting then could be another issue, try debugging with a serial connection. But post any info in the meantime.

• Polanskiman changed the title to Install DSM on Intel® Desktop Board D510MO
  • 3 weeks later...

it does not work neither for me...

there is luck with dsm 5.2

i tried the XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5644.5.iso that seems to work

check with google most mirrors are down but i found one on a japanese server that worked

Edited by creisey

13 hours ago, creisey said:

it does not work neither for me...

there is luck with dsm 5.2

i tried the XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5644.5.iso that seems to work

check with google most mirrors are down but i found one on a japanese server that worked

Not sure what is down but all bootloaders are available in this very forum and links are valid. The topic with all loaders is pinned and featured in the Loader section and titled: 'Links to Loaders'

In fact you are not even using the last version of the bootloader for DSM 5 which is XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5967.1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2018 at 6:08 AM, Xepnewbie2018 said:

Me toooo, I'm using INTEL D510MO motherboard. It worked well on XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2 with SANDISK CZ33 USB drive.

Last month I tried upgrade to DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02b, the USB driver work well on other PC(Asus H55M + i3 530), but the loader did not work  on INTEL D510MO motherboard(NM10 chipset,ATOM cpu),  it  juest blinking with a black screen, no any words. I  think grub does not start loading. 

(Forgive my poor English)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have Xpenology installed and running fine on D510MO. I use a non-branded 4GB USB stick. The only issue with this motherboard is that sometimes I need to go into BIOS and re-select USB to boot first. USB not seen in BIOS after I reboot the server from Synology's admin portal. If I shutdown and start the server, it boots fine from USB.

• 2 weeks later...

i guess the best would be to run libreboot.. but i havent had luck with flashing it over the bios...

its fully supported as shown here

https://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/libreboot.org/release/stable/20160907/rom/grub/

one other question i have, does anyone of you got drive-sleep working?

im guessing that would give a massive power-saving potential...

Edited by creisey

• 9 months later...

i was successful with libreboot, DSM 6.1.X  runs smoothly

the only thing is, by default grub is trying to boot to the harddrive instead of the USB-thumb-drive..

there is a tutorial on libreboot.org but its a bit complicated.

right now i need to select the drive by hand on a fresh bootup

• 2 years later...

hi, im using D510MO, i can boot from jun loader 1.03b (3615xs version), but synology assistant cannot find any device in my network, and i cannot find any new device in my router client list.

i've tried extra.lzma v0.11 and extra.lzma v0.5, but i still cannot find xpenology, what should i do to fix this, thanks