XPEnology Community

Loader 3617 vs 3615

nemesis122

Hi all

I have installed 3617 on Dell 620 i5  Xpenology before this server was running 3615 without any problem after some days the webinterface has stopped working with the loader 3617 also with reboot there is no DSM  is there a problem with this loader 3617 1.02b?

both was with DSM Version 15254

config the same

loader config the same eg. MAC VID and PID all was fine for one week and then  booom webinterface is not reachable i was on docker stoping one docker file and i have the message operation fault and the webinterface has stopped working also after rebbot there is no DSM in the browser or synology asisstant.

any hints ?

thank youi

Edited by nemesis122

I don't run the 3617 image (use 3615) but I have had a similar problem with XPE/DSM 3615 and my REAL syno box (DS1812). Occasionally a service will stop so the web interface is gone, but telnet, SNMP, SAMBA etc all seem to be ok.

Have you checked 'other' services when this happens?

There could be a bug in the web interface with certain management activity.

Hi sbv

No i have not checked the other services but after some restart nothing was there no network folders/ DSM was not in synology assistant/not in the  browser etc./not in the network.

and it seems with this 3617 loader there is en issue 

i have not tried ssh....

Do you know if there is  in special a problem with this 3617 loader timebomb..etc ..? because with 3615 i had never such issue im back now to 3615 and all is working fine 

Do you know with loader 3617 the serve has more performance or is the performance the same as 3615?

thank you very much

what i have done before step by step is 

clone a virtualmaschine w7x64 --> install phoenix OS usb installer in this virtualmaschine it was not good -->delete the cloned virtualmaschine -->stoping my 3 dockers plexpy.Filezilla and JD2

in docker i had a error message operation failed and the the webinterface has stopped working.

Edited by nemesis122

I'm not aware of a timebomb in the 3617 image, maybe its a processor/architecture bug that happens intermittently? the 3615 is core i3 bromolow, 3617 is xeon broadwell, as your box is a i5 maybe better to stick with the 'i' based image? I dont think there would be any difference in performance between these images on your server,