XPEnology Community

busybox on SSH not responding

mcdull

I've got the xpe box running under ESXi and everything is fine except the busybox sometimes not responding.

when I ssh via putty, it prompt me for user name and password. After I enter my password, the prompt just stop there.

I have tired a few more ssh clients on other platform as well with same behavior.

But it doesnt happen all the time. I can sometimes has my box run for 10 or more days before the problem appear.

Sometimes it happens in 2 days. If it goes wrong like this, I have to reboot the synology box to get my ssh connection back.

Most interestingly, I can connect to SCP for file management via WINSCP, and I can issue basic command like ls and cat inside WINSCP.

I end up issuing "reboot" to get my synology work again. Grateful if you have any hint on the issue, thanks.

I've got the xpe box running under ESXi and everything is fine except the busybox sometimes not responding.

when I ssh via putty, it prompt me for user name and password. After I enter my password, the prompt just stop there.

I have tired a few more ssh clients on other platform as well with same behavior.

But it doesnt happen all the time. I can sometimes has my box run for 10 or more days before the problem appear.

Sometimes it happens in 2 days. If it goes wrong like this, I have to reboot the synology box to get my ssh connection back.

Most interestingly, I can connect to SCP for file management via WINSCP, and I can issue basic command like ls and cat inside WINSCP.

I end up issuing "reboot" to get my synology work again. Grateful if you have any hint on the issue, thanks.