XPEnology Community

Difference between gnoBoot and Trantor's images

goldserve

Excuse my ignorance but I have been reading and didn't quite follow the main differences, advantages and disadvantages to one or the other. I am planning an esxi install on a HP Microserver Gen8.

Also, is there a good step by step tutorial to an installation using gnoBoot?

Excuse my ignorance but I have been reading and didn't quite follow the main differences, advantages and disadvantages to one or the other. I am planning an esxi install on a HP Microserver Gen8.

Also, is there a good step by step tutorial to an installation using gnoBoot?

Okay, I think I know how to install it now. What about major differences between the two kernels? <- All my kernel modules aren't built-in which makes it easier for me to track bugs, adding new drivers will not require kernel re-compilation (I can release new drivers w/o updating the rd.gz, except those drivers required for booting your machine), and more driver support (IMHO). Visit my blog to know more about my changes. :wink:

Can I still use the same PDF guide to set up esxi and RDM with gnoBoot? <- Yes, it should work.

Okay, I think I know how to install it now. What about major differences between the two kernels? <- All my kernel modules aren't built-in which makes it easier for me to track bugs, adding new drivers will not require kernel re-compilation (I can release new drivers w/o updating the rd.gz, except those drivers required for booting your machine), and more driver support (IMHO). Visit my blog to know more about my changes. :wink:

Can I still use the same PDF guide to set up esxi and RDM with gnoBoot? <- Yes, it should work.