XPEnology Community

HP MicroServer gen10

neooo

So i installed Baremetal on my new HP Microserver gen10,.

Amd opteron x3216

8GB Ram

4x 3tb Toshiba p300 hdd

SSD CACHE 64GB

I instaled xpenology with loader - Jun's v1.02b DS3617xsis for DSM 6.1 and it works perfectly. You just ned vid & pid  and mac address from your network card. :)

Its very fast and works great :)

2018-02-12 21-43-08.png

2018-02-12 21-42-33.png

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, nemesis122 said:

so baremetal with jun 102b it is working ?

Please can you tell me how noise is this server ?

do you have installed the virtual maschine manager ?

thanks

yes is working 100%. You need vid and pid and copy the mac address. 

Yes virtual is also working :)

Is not noisy. its ik. i have him in living room.

Edited by neooo

• 10 months later...
On 1/4/2019 at 6:38 AM, reizhi said:

I'm using jun's load 1.04 918+, seems cpu burst not working, constant running on 1.6GHz.

reizhi, how did you got 1.04b working? 

When i use this loader and install DSM 6.2.1 network connectivity stops and no ip is aquired from dhcp server. 

Just now, hoidoi said:

reizhi, how did you got 1.04b working? 

When i use this loader and install DSM 6.2.1 network connectivity stops and no ip is aquired from dhcp server. 

I‘m not sure. 1.04b work just fine without mod.

And CPU brust working well after I've installed some cpu utility

My working configuration is also 1.03b Loader for DS3617xs and DSM 6.2-23739. Run fast and smooth since a long time.

But when i upgrade to 6.2.1-23824 the lights went out. No connection anymore, but the NAS itself seems to keep running (power button functions turns the NAS out like bevore update).

When i make a fresh install with 1.04b for DS918+ and DSM 6.2.1-23824 the installation stop with error 13.

So guys, can you check your working DSM version? Thanks in advance  

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 4:45 PM, hoidoi said:

My working configuration is also 1.03b Loader for DS3617xs and DSM 6.2-23739. Run fast and smooth since a long time.

But when i upgrade to 6.2.1-23824 the lights went out. No connection anymore, but the NAS itself seems to keep running (power button functions turns the NAS out like bevore update).

When i make a fresh install with 1.04b for DS918+ and DSM 6.2.1-23824 the installation stop with error 13.

So guys, can you check your working DSM version? Thanks in advance  

You must using external USB port to INSTALL DSM. But after install, you can use internal USB port to boot

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/28/2019 at 10:11 AM, hoidoi said:

@reizhi Thanks! i try this evening with external usb. To be honest, i never thought about this... 

@atlast I have an HP NC360T Dual NIC and also an Intel 1000 CT, sadly these cards doesn't change the Error 13 issue with 1.04b. But, after all, i could install DSM 6.2.1 with Loader 1.03b for DS3615xs.

@hoidoiI've got a Gen10 and just got a HP NC360T Dual NIC.  Looking to upgrade using1.03b - DS3615xs - 6.2.1-23824.

For the life of me I can't find the MAC address for the new card in the Bios.  Can you advise how I find the MAC for the NC360T please so I can create a new book USB.

Thanks for your help.

2 hours ago, simono5 said:

@hoidoiI've got a Gen10 and just got a HP NC360T Dual NIC.  Looking to upgrade using1.03b - DS3615xs - 6.2.1-23824.

For the life of me I can't find the MAC address for the new card in the Bios.  Can you advise how I find the MAC for the NC360T please so I can create a new book USB.

Thanks for your help.

There is a sticker on the back of the card with the mac adress (i think it is). If there is no such sticker on yours, check the DHCP Server in your Router. I sold my Gen10 and bought an DS-1019+ (due to performance issues an non working hw transcoding in plex), so feel free to take my mac adress (via pm), i will never use the nic again... 

• 4 months later...

I have an Gen 10 when using the 3617 or 918 bootloader I can start the reinstall option and can connect. But when upgrading and rebooting the nas won't get online anymore. I'm using an intel Nic so that should not be the issue. Does anybody has some suggestions?

10 hours ago, dutchnas said:

I have an Gen 10 when using the 3617 or 918 bootloader I can start the reinstall option and can connect. But when upgrading and rebooting the nas won't get online anymore. I'm using an intel Nic so that should not be the issue. Does anybody has some suggestions?

New update: I'm done to get this working and bought an DS918+. I've been using Xpenology using for years but now I'm at the point that I doen't want to investigate every update if it's working or not. Thanks for making this possible on 3rd party hardware. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...