XPEnology Community

Is it safe to test the DSM5.0 upgrade with ESXi?

mcdull

I would like to test the upgrade path to DSM5 without the fear of losing data.

All the important data would be backup, but there is still a lots of other data that I cannot afford a 2nd copy.

My current set up is a DSM4.3 run under ESXi 5.5 and working well. HDDs are now under independent mode with Presistent option.

Is it safe to test the upgrade path by modifiy the HDD settings to non-Presistent so that no change should be made to my data hdd?

Then I would replace the boot img and test the process. but I am not sure if the restart of the DSM after 5.0 upgrade would revert the HDD content.

I would like to test the upgrade path to DSM5 without the fear of losing data.

All the important data would be backup, but there is still a lots of other data that I cannot afford a 2nd copy.

My current set up is a DSM4.3 run under ESXi 5.5 and working well. HDDs are now under independent mode with Presistent option.

Is it safe to test the upgrade path by modifiy the HDD settings to non-Presistent so that no change should be made to my data hdd?

Then I would replace the boot img and test the process. but I am not sure if the restart of the DSM after 5.0 upgrade would revert the HDD content.