XPEnology Community

Who has StartSSL cert installed, please tell me

lev

Question

I've got a free start SSl cert and it seems to work fine 90% of the time, for JAVA, as said, it doesn't depend on your certificate.

what do you mean doesn't depend? do you see this security popup when you go to file station for the first time after logon?

I've got a free start SSl cert and it seems to work fine 90% of the time, for JAVA, as said, it doesn't depend on your certificate.

what do you mean doesn't depend? do you see this security popup when you go to file station for the first time after logon?

I've talked to StartSSL signer and he told me that they do not support JAVA code sign yet and there's no way to force it to trust the cert even if you manually insert it to the JAVA keystore. They are working with oracle to solve this but for now - it's very sad.

Another thing is that in several other browsers, other than Chrome and Firefox, there is an option to trust the application once and it never bothers you. I don't understand why it is not implemented in Chrome and Firefox, you have to click CONTINUE everytime you login to the file station.