XPEnology Community

DVD not recognized by DSM

beatmix01

Trying to get my DVD drive to be recognized by DSM howers it's not looking so good.

I have 4 x 2TB drives SATA-III hooked up to an IO Crest SATA-III, another 1x500GB SATA3, and SATA DVD drvies plugged into the SATA-II ports directly into my mobo which and all drives are detected by the BIOS in post.

Does DSM not have dvd drivers compiled into the kernel?

Thx.

Running version:

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.3 build 3810++ (repack v1.0)

Trying to get my DVD drive to be recognized by DSM howers it's not looking so good.

I have 4 x 2TB drives SATA-III hooked up to an IO Crest SATA-III, another 1x500GB SATA3, and SATA DVD drvies plugged into the SATA-II ports directly into my mobo which and all drives are detected by the BIOS in post.

Thx.

Running version:

Thx.

Running version:

Think original Synology appliance. Have you seen DVD installed on them or mentioned in the compatibility list?

Thx.

Running version:

Think original Synology appliance. Have you seen DVD installed on them or mentioned in the compatibility list?

• 4 weeks later...