XPEnology Community

Docking station two slot

tomcarmen

Hello to all. Sorry for my English.

I need some information.

I have a dell e6400 and installed dsm 5 beta. (Fantastic works fine) consumes 15W.

The handset has an external SATA port to which I attached a docking station 1 slot with a wd red 3 tera.

I do not need to raid, I only need basic volumes.

Do you think if I buy a docking 2 two slots might have problems?

http://www.sharkoon.com/?q=en/content/s ... ort-duo-v2

will be seen the two hard disks?

thanks for the info.

If that is a Dell Latitude E6400, no. The eSATA on this laptop does not support port mutipliers. You will only see one drive from that duo dock as the notes on the product link you provided says "In order to address both SATA HDDs the mainboard's eSATA controller must be Port Multiplier capable!"

One option is to get an eSATA expresscard adapter

thanks for the information.

which model should I buy?

Sorry, meant to say you can use an eSATA expresscard adapter to add a second eSATA single drive enclosure, while using the E6400 built in eSATA port for your first eSATA single drive enclosure.

I gave up trying to find an eSATA expresscard adapter that was eSATA multiplier compatible which also worked with DSM. I had to abandon my plans on using an E6400 for my XPEnology unit.

thanks for the information.

which model should I buy?

Sorry, meant to say you can use an eSATA expresscard adapter to add a second eSATA single drive enclosure, while using the E6400 built in eSATA port for your first eSATA single drive enclosure.

I gave up trying to find an eSATA expresscard adapter that was eSATA multiplier compatible which also worked with DSM. I had to abandon my plans on using an E6400 for my XPEnology unit.